Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wheel of Random: What's Growing On?

Today has been a wonderful day weather wise. Simply beautiful....70, sunny and somewhat windy. The hubs and I had decided earlier in the week to take the day to work in the yard. We are really behind on working in the yard this Spring because of the hub's school, but he finished Friday and has eight weeks off before his next class.

First, I headed off to WalMart to buy some potting soil and plants for the garden. Unfortunately, the weather is still a wee bit chilly at night (we discovered when looking at the forecast) so my plan to plant a little today went by the wayside. Instead, my plants are now residing in my master bath...in the GARDEN tub (ironic, no?!?).

What you see is two yellow Romas, five pickling cukes, two red bell peppers, one orange bell peppers, one Thai basil, three Italian basil, and one parsley. I didn't want to pass some of these plants by and wait until later because I was worried they would be sold out. The tub is really great...it receives ambient daylight and make them super easy to water. FINALLY, something good out of that tub (which we never use).

We spent about four hours weeding, cleaning and raking leaves. For sure, there is still much to do, but what I love about working in the yard is that even in a half a day, you can see so much progress. Here's a peek at the back yard:


Our peonies also are in bloom. Here is a beautiful one I picked and put in our kitchen window to enjoy.


Other than that, it's been a regular weekend....chores, errands, etc. Roxie wishes to tell all of you, "HELLO!" So, here she is:

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Be back tomorrow with a Building a Better Bunny post! Later taters! B.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Your yard is beautiful! Have fun with the gardening.

bunny said...

Ready to plant my veggies, LMSS!!