Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Going On

Well, things have been a little quiet around Casa Bunny the past few weeks. Just more of the same old, same old. But there have been a few bright spots. Here is a short list of some of those stellar moments from the past few weeks.

Have you seen the new Kraft Fresh Takes? It is panko/bread crumbs, cheeses and herbs all mixed up which you use to coat chicken, pork, or fish. They have been on sale at the Publix for FREE with coupons. I would not have bought them unless they were free (because they are not cheapy), but the one I have used (Italian Herb) was really good and I look forward to using (and will report back on) the other options.

Here are some of my recent culinary purchases. The two tiny colanders are GREAT. The tiny red one I bought at Williams-Sonoma and it is perfect for draining/rinsing just one can of something. The small yellow colander I bought at Target on clearance and it actually will hold (barely) a whole box of pasta. These are both so much easier to store than a big colander.

The tool "on top" is my muddler which works awesome when muddling the things I need to muddle for my cocktails. The tool in the front is an avocado pitter/slicer which I bought on clearance at Target. EPIC FAIL. The avocado won't come out of the slicer. Ugg. This one may go in the trash.
 
My new makeup passion is Pixi's Endless Silky Eye Pencil. I have been searching for a pencil that will NOT RUN. And this one is great. It goes on smoothly and stays put all day. I have been very impressed. Best of all, they are moderately priced ($14 at Target) which is great.

Finally, last Friday, I went to my nephews' school family day. The above is a picture my nephew drew of me. Wow. I have a damn melon head. Actually, I DO have a damn melon head. The hair, however, should be bigger. Much bigger. But I loves it.

Well, I am off like a herd of turtles. Hope you all are getting on like peas and carrots. XO, Bun.

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I looked at the drawing and said
"Gee, Aunt Julie has more hair than that!"

I have the colander that perfectly holds a pound of pasta, but I really need a small one for once can of tuna or one handful of berries.

I walked yesterday. I thought I would be as slow as turtle. I couldn't keep up with the skinny mommies with strollers but I was faster than the retired old men!

KP said...

Try gel eyeliner. The. Best. Ever. Bobbi Brown (high) or Maybelline (low). Both are quite good and they NEVER run. EVER.

bunny said...

KP, I do love BB gel liner but it is pricey. I really like these Pixi pencils, though.