Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lawd, I Survived Leap Month

Y'all. February about broke me. So here we are, on the last day of the month. Well, for leap year, anyway. And I have made it. So much for March being the most cruel month. But I will tell you, if March is half the raging bitch February was, sign me up for AA now. Because I will be curled in a fetal position, drooling and clutching my vodka bottle by March 30.

First, right after my last post, I gots the flu. And, holy mother of pearl, was it NOT fun. I am not sure I have ever had the flu, but let me tell you, it is NOT fun. And I didn't even have a full-fledged flu. I had a like mini-flu. But I was still out of work three days and felt bad for another week.

Then, right on the heels of my flu, I rushed headlong into our shelter's (now) second biggest fundraiser of the year, which I had been working on for months. The good news is we raised $19K+, more than doubling last year's take. The bad news is I am too damn old for 19 hour days. I felt like a Mac truck had hit me for about three days.

THEN, right after that, I started getting a cyst. In a VERY sensitive place. I won't go all TMI, but let's say I finally went to have it lanced today and it was, by far, one of the top three most painful things I've ever experienced. I was freakin' keening, for God's sake. My lack of control was somewhat embarrassing, but it was excruciating.

So, you can see, NOT a fun February on the health and wellness side. But on the "count my blessings" side, there are some highlights from the month. First, I made several new recipes including:




All of these were dee-lish-us. Sorry the photos are crapola quality....I took them all on my phone. I also finished the final two books of the Hunger Games trilogy. I wish the ending had been a wee bit happier, but my sis and I have already made plans to see the movie opening weekend, and I am excited about seeing the movie.

Valentine's Day also was a great day....the hubs got me a beautiful set of costume jewelry and reservations to FINALLY go to Woodfire Grill, which we are doing this Saturday. SO excited. I gave the hubs two pieces of artwork:

I took this photo of a peony in our garden last year and my local folk artist friend Suzy Smith made the frame and did this special mounting/treatment to the photo. LOVE how it turned out.

And my folk art friend from Alabama made this custom piece for me...it's a bunny and monkey and has other special details to it, as well, that relate to our romance. Also LOVE how it turned out.

Well, peeps, that's all my catching up for now. I apologize for being gone so long and will try to do better now that February is behind me. I hope you all had a good month and are doing well. Peace and Bunny Love, B.

7 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I LOVE the art.
I was so happy to hear that the art auction was such a big success.
iu8876(That was Lily walking on the keyboard.
Maybe next year you can delegate some of the hard work on the fundraiser?
Chocolate cobbler Whaaaaaat?

bunny said...

LMSS, I did have a committee this year and they helped a lot...hence the double take...but at the end of the day, the hard work comes down to me.

Chocolate cobbler = Food of the Devil.

Sonya said...

Loving the bunny/monkey art.

I also had to look up keening. Why have I never heard of it before?

KP said...

I love love love the art! esp. the bunny and monkey piece.

bunny said...

Sonya, keening is such a great word. I've decided to use it more often. lol

KP, you will have to come to Decatur Arts Festival...Marian will be there, and maybe me with her! :)

Bo said...

Sending you a big virtual hug...hope this month is better. I love the art.

bunny said...

Thanks, Bo...I need that hug! You need to try that Chocolate Cobbler...it is right up your alley. :)