Saturday, January 21, 2012

25 Things from This Week

  1. This week? Has been really long. Heartbreak makes you tired in a different way.
  2. Tuesday I cried like a baby when I came home from work because I realized Pepsi was not waiting for me to take her out.
  3. Other than that, I held it together pretty well until we received her ashes yesterday.
  4. Yes, we've cremated our two dogs. Did you think I was going to bury them in the backyard for coyotes to dig up??
  5. Yes, there are coyotes in our neck of the woods.
  6. Charlie and Roxie....esp. Roxie....have been exceptionally good this week. I think they are worried that we did something to Pepsi and they are next.
  7. The hubs "joked" about getting a Cairn puppy the other day. Give me a year. Or ten.
  8. Because two dogs vs. one is not bad. Three dogs vs. two is challenging. I ain't gonna lie.
  9. The menu at Casa Bunny this week has been simple and redundant. Oven hot dogs. Nachos. Pepperoni pizza puffs.
  10. And not very healthy in hindsight.
  11. We went to dinner last night with some old friends and some new friends. It was nice to laugh and drink and have fun with other adults.
  12. Ginger lemon martinis are yummy.
  13. Today, we went to see Joyful Noise. Which the hubs suggested. It wasn't bad. I really enjoyed the music.
  14. And Dolly. Dolly just rocks it. And by "it" I mean "life."
  15. My favorite song right now is I Won't Give Up on Us by Jason Mraz. I love me some Jason Mraz. His first album, Waiting for My Rocket to Come, is one of my top 10. Maybe top 5. It was a revelation.
  16. When I love a new song, I listen to it over and over. And over. Like I just listened to that song 20 times while writing this post.
  17. I need a hug. Right now.
  18. It is still raining here. Rain. Rain. Rain. I know we need you, but, please, go away. At least for a few sunny days.
  19. We had the best nap today. Snuggled on the bed with Charlie and Roxie and lots of blankets.
  20. I lost one of my Compassion kids this week. Beatrice. According to the letter, she moved out of the region Compassion serves.
  21. It is weird that losing her made me sad? And cry a little?
  22. Believe it or not, I have not used my Williams-Sonoma gift card from Christmas yet.
  23. Why? I feel paralyzed about using it to its best benefit. I hope to possibly rectify that tomorrow.
  24. Yes, I know I am weird when it come to W-S.
  25. I am about to be off to watch Stand By Me with the hubs. He has never seen it. I have, but I cannot remember much about it.
Hope you are having a great weekend. Love, Bun.
 

6 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

#17 - Sending some now.

#6 - Made me snort out loud.

#4 - I would have done the same thing.

bunny said...

JOTE,
#17: Thanks, I needed that.
#6: It makes me giggle a little too.
#4: But I will not put them in a vial around my neck.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

You know our weekend is all about the kitten cuteness. She and I took a 2 hour nap together this afternoon.
Sending hugs and sunshine.

bunny said...

Well, SOMEONE has to like cats, LMSS! :)

Chris said...

Here via Bo's post about the wickedly delicious looking chili cheese hot dog Armageddon dish.

Hate to arrive on the sad note of Pep's passing. I always found comfort in the "Rainbow Bridge" poem.

bunny said...

Hi Chris! Thanks for visiting and commenting! I (virtually) love Bo to pieces, but I sorta hate that everyone who visited because of his link landed on a sad post about my pup. I really am fun when not grieving for a fur child. Really. :)