Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Catching Up, Again

Friends, it seems all I do here nowdays are post long posts about everything I was doing the past week+ when I was THINKING about blogging but just didn't have the time or energy to actually blog. Actually, for the most part, I have been still recuperating the past week from the nasty case of bronchitis/sinusitis/cold I had. This bout of sickness really knocked me on my ass and then some. I had to go back for Round 2 of antibiotics and steroids. I am better but far from well. And I am a little worried about getting sick AGAIN which would probably be pneumonia so I have been trying to take it easy and lay low.

Last week was the hubs birthday...and my mom's....so we celebrated by going to out to dinner with the fams. My hubs decided he wanted a rocking chair...yes, he is only 45 but already a grandpa. Actually, I think he just likes to perpetually move. You know, he is one of those restless people who is always "juking" his leg and such. Anyhoodle, here is Grampy Hub's chair, delivered Monday:

I have been banned from sitting in the chair. Well, not really, but the hubs is so worried it's going to be scratched and I DO NOT want to be the one to put the first scratch on it. Nope. And I would. So I will be avoiding the rocker. As far as cooking, in between birthday dining, we've been eating a lot of "repeats" at Casa Bunny....Crockpot Chicken, Chili, Meatball Subs. I did, however, make this recipe last week....Queso Chicken Pasta.

This recipe has been on my Pinterest board for quite a while, and last week, I was in the mood for something spicy and had all the ingredients so I decided to give it a whirl. The hubs and I decided we LIKED it, but didn't LOVE it. I think it could have been creamier, and I also think spicier. I think if I make again, I will make more of the sauce and up the heat factor.

In other cooking news, my virtual buddy Bo over at Bo's Bowl posted this recipe recently for easy-peasy homemade dog treats with only two ingredients! I jumped on that like white on rice.

Just wheat germ and baby food! I chose organic food in banana and turkey flavors. They were a BIG HIT at my house with the fur kids and, best of all, did NOT cause any poop issues in Charlie and Roxie who have THE MOST sensitive stomachs.

Willing taste testers. This photo is actually them sitting there watching me make the treats. They are both very kitchen-centric. Charlie especially. I am going to break my neck cooking one night tripping over him. Well, I am off. I know that was a short catch-up, but I have been spending most of my days sleeping and working. Tonight, I am making another new recipe....Sour Cream-Green Chili Enchiladas....so I will report back on those next time. And Pepsi. Who has spent the past few days at the vet, much to the dismay of our pocketbook. Poor Pepsi. Getting old sucks. Hope you are all well and happy! XO, Bun.

2 comments:

Bo said...

Cool you made the treats...I'm sure the kids enjoyed them.

bunny said...

Yes, they DID, Bo. I did forget to set my oven timer though, so they were "high-brown" but that didn't seem to matter much to the kiddos.