Monday, November 07, 2011

My Palate on Pinterest

Do you Pinterest?!? If you don't, it's difficult to explain what it is. blackbird over at say la vee introduced me to Pinterest through her blog. Basically, it's like virtual corkboards where you can "pin" photos (with links) of anything you love from recipes to clothing to funny sayings. You can also see and "repin" other people's pins. The concept is similar to bookmarking but there is a visual with the pin and the boards allow you to organize your pins in categories. Many of mine, as you might guess, do with cooking, recipes and kitchen gadgetry.

I have five food boards on Pinterest...entrees, appetizers, soups/salads/sides, breads/breakfast and sweets. Plus a drinks board and a Williams-Sonoma board and a general kitchen gadgetry board. Imagine now why I am so "generously proportioned"?!?! Anyhoodle, I have discovered some GREAT recipes on Pinterest, and thought I would share a few of my faves with you. Some I have mentioned here before, some not. But I thought I would put all in one place with links to the original online post from the dish name. Here we go!

Skillet Lasagna. I love making lasagna but it is SO time consuming. This dish is a great compromise, tastes very, very much like traditional lasagna, and is so much easier and quicker to make. And the hubs loves it. Score. Score. Score.

Crockpot Mexican Chicken. Very delicious and flavorful. Great to use for any Mexican dish (such as nachos, tacos, enchiladas, etc.) or alone served with rice and beans. Be warned, however, to have several ways to serve if there are just two of you (or halve the recipe)...this recipe makes a TON of chicken.

Oven Hot Dogs. Ridiculously delish. I don't know that I will ever fix hotdogs any other way again. Warning: Must be eaten with a knife and fork (well, at least the way I make them!).

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glaze Pork Loin. The sauce makes this dish and then some. I could drink it from a cup it is so good. Great company dish because the pork cooks in the crock pot and the sauce is made in advance. Tastes and looks more fancy than it is, which is always a plus.

Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken. Another "company-worthy" dish that is easy to make yet looks special. Serve with a Caesar salad and some crusty bread and you are done. Also can be made into a sandwich.

Ricotta Stuffed Mini Peppers. I have posted this recipe before, but it bears repeating.I have made these numerous times and served with beef and chicken. Easy and, yet again, special enough for company. I don't even love peppers that much, but these are great.

Scooter's Spaghetti. A layered baked spaghetti dish, I was wary of this latest discovery because it is topped with French fried onions. I just made it this week for the first time, however, and it was very good. My hubs noted that it was even better the second day. Did I mention one of the layers is cream cheese?!? Again, this recipe makes oodles and it is very filling. 

I hope some of you will try some of these recipes. Other than the Scooter's Spaghetti, I have made all of them more than once, and they will continue to be in my cooking rotation. Let me know if you do try any of them and what you think! Hugs and kisses, Bun.

5 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I think I'll try the skillet lasagna.

I tried to set myself up on Pinterest but I cannot seem to get it right. I got so frustrated after a week I gave up.

KP said...

You know I love me some Pinterest. I have about 14 recipes to try - there are so many on there!

bunny said...

LMSS, Maybe we can chat online and I can help you set up Pinterest. You would have lost it all anyway in the computer crash! :)

KP, I have WAY more than 14 to try. I have been trying to do one per week. I will be done in 2023. :)

Bo said...

You have cooked a lot off Pinterest...I saw the Scooter's Spaghetti on a different site...I'm going to try that one.

bunny said...

Let me know how you like it, Bo. And I deleted your multiple posts! :)