Sunday, October 02, 2011

Saturday Supper

So, it's been in the 60s here in the G of A the past two days and I have been LOVE. ING. IT. (or Lovin' It! sang to the McDonald's tune). Last night, I was loving it so much, I made a big ol' pot of chili.

This recipe is from Publix's Apron Meals (click for link) and it is so easy and so good. I have waxed on about it here before, but seriously, it just cannot be beat for tastiness and quickness. I decided to make these cheddar-jalapeno corn muffins to go with:

I found the recipe (click for link) on Pinterest (which I LOVE....have found so many good recipes there!). They are super easy to make, as well (and you have to love the name of the blog...love & butter...what more could you need?). I will say that mine stuck a little to the pan, hence why they look so messy, but I am pretty sure that was because I only had a large can of corn and I sorta did not measure and added too much so the muffins were overly moist. But even though they stuck a little, the parts that didn't stick were super tasty. I will make again and measure next time. I also decided to get brave and try a new dessert:

Cheesecake Cookie Dough bars (recipe also found on Pinterest!). Besides the fact that I didn't read ahead and nothing I needed to be soft or room temperature was soft or room temperature and I couldn't figure out how to crush the graham crackers into crumbs and my layers started mixing into each other and my blender threw graham cracker crumbs all over my kitchen, they were a success! Oh, yeah, and they needed to cool overnight in the fridge. Well, we sorta ignored that and ate some anyway (see above) though the crust sorta crumbled everywhere. If I had READ AHEAD and been prepared, these would have been much easier to make, but regardless, they are seriously, seriously delicious. Even I could not mess up the deliciousness. In other news, I found out about this rum yesterday when I was reading recipes online:

It is called The Kraken and it's a black spiced rum that's supposed to be all kinds of awesome. I think I will be scouting it out at the local package store. Cold weather = hot toddies. Maybe with some cider?? Plus I love the bottle and graphics. Well, that is all for today. I went off to the farmer's market this morning (and bought all kinds of stuff to blog on later!) and I am now off for another nap. I feel about 80 years old these days. Napping. Later taters, B.

4 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Great minds think alike: We're having chili and muffins for dinner tonight.

Thanks for including the link to the cheesecake bars. I have a feeling these are going to be a hit in our house.

bunny said...

JOTE, they are DEE-LISH. I think I will go have another now. :)

KP said...

Love the recipes on Pinterest ;-)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I usually throw the graham crackers in the food processor or put them in a zip lock bag and roll the rolling pin over them 12 or 27 times.

The Kraken looks yum.