Monday, September 05, 2011

Bitches, the Bunny is Back

Wow. It's been SEVEN WHOLE MONTHS since I last posted. That's craziness. I hate to admit that my mo-in-law is right, but time does fly faster and faster as you age.

That said, the past year-and-a-half+ has kicked my ass. The new job just really consumed me. All of me. And I finally, in the past month, have realized that I absolutely MUST achieve some kind of work-life balance (God, I hate phrases like that but they are handy) in order to survive and thrive.

While being unemployed was super scary for financial reasons, emotionally, mentally and physically, 2009 was the best year of my adult life. I read. Lots. I cooked. Lots. I spent time with family and friends. Lots. I actually went on TWO vacations (and I only managed one this year). Yep. I had lots of time for sure and I tried to spend that time well. And I did. But just because I am now working doesn't mean I should stop doing all those things. But I did.

I stopped exercising. My cooking went to hell. My reading went to hell. My blogging went to hell. My personal relationships (in general) went to hell. My life in general went to hell. But I am here today to say NO MORE. I am setting boundaries. I am reclaiming my life. Today I am reclaiming bunnygoround.

Now, peeps, you will have to bear with me. I cannot promise any schedule of posts but I will try my best to be here on a regular basis. And that is all I can ask of myself right now. And regular may just be once a week. But here I will be.

That said, since January, a few things have happened in my life, but perhaps the most notable things is that we adopted another dog...Roxie, who happens to be Charlie's sister. Her story is long and complicated and another blog for another day, but she is now ours.

Yes, she looks very much like Charlie, but she is more petite, the markings a little different. She is a HAND. FULL. Again, more on my baby girl in the future.

So, if any of you are still around and willing to listen to my swill about cooking, reading, drinking, bargin shopping, and dogs, then keep an eye out as more new posts will follow. Sometimes. Hopefully soon. With love to my peeps, Bun.

10 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Welcome back! Good to see you reclaiming your life. Sometimes I feel like I have to do that on a weekly basis, but whatever it takes, right? And while I know it is kicking your butt, it is good to see you doing something that you love & that you're so talented at.

When you get a chance, will you update your link to my new blog? Thanks ~ E.

bunny said...

Just was updating my links and blog roll, E. Should be all good now.

Jen on the Edge said...

Hi. Welcome back. I've missed your irreverence and humor. :-)

Sonya said...

I'm so glad you weren't kidding when you said you were about to get back to blogging...YEA!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

WoohOO!

Don't you wish someone would pay us to stay home and read and cook?

KP said...

YAY! Welcome back.

Bo said...

Glad your back! You have been missed.

bunny said...

Thanks, everyone! I have missed you all, too!

Jeff said...

The bitch, the bitch, the bitch is back!!!..Oh sorry, don't know why I sang...that...song...I'm just so happy to hear from my favorite bunny once again!!!

bunny said...

Jeff, I love you. When will I see you again? (sing that!)