Thursday, September 08, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

Well, peeps, it is an evening for confessions, I believe. My first confession is that a few weeks back, I went for my annual physical. The health check-up thingy responsible adults are supposed to do yearly. I was not looking forward to it. At all. Let's just say that getting older sucks hard and, since I started my job last year, I have gained even more weight. And not exercised at all. Seriously bad living on my part. With alcohol. And stress. And such.

I just knew my numbers would be awful. But thank the Lord for good genes is all I can say because the only thing that was not good was my sugar. Yep. I am bordering on diabetes land. So my doc said, "Bitch, you need to get off your fat ass and lose some weight or you gonna be sadder than ScarJo after she dumped Ryan Reynolds." (I, mean, she had to be sad, right?!?! I, mean, LOOK AT HIM. Ok, let's:

Hell, I would be sad. Ok, back to my story.) So, I was like, "Ok, Dr. Tony, I understand. Thanks for the pep talk." Then I went on vacation and ate my way through the South Carolina coast including a meal in Charleston that had to be like 3,000 calories. But it was VACATION, ok?!? So, last week, I got it all straight, and have started to modify my eats by not licking the butter container making better choices and blew the inches of dust off my stationary bike. Yes, I began to trudge through workouts even though I think I would rather give labor on a daily basis than exercise. But then yesterday, my salvation came to me. Horns blew. Angels appeared. It was wonderful. I rediscovered Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix.

And that, my friends, is my other confession. I am a not-so-closeted addict lover of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I watched every episode for all seven seasons. And cherished each and every one. And, yesterday, I had the thought, "I wonder if Netflix streams Buffy?" Why, yes, yes they do.

So, bitches, I turned my bike in the direction of the computer, launched season 1, episode 1 and 45 minutes flew by. It was magical. And today was episode 2. Still in love. Takes my right back to 1997, when I was still a girl, newly married, living in our crappy cozy little apartment. **SIGH**

I started counting after my session today. 142 more episodes. Divided by 4 exercise days per week = 33 weeks of exercise. That's 8+ months. So I now have a reason to exercise for 8 more months. Because I have made a vow I can only watch an episode if my ass is on my bike seat. Word.

Angel v. Spike: I was a Spike man, all the way. I like my boys bad.

Can I tell you that I practically SKIPPED into the house today to exercise?!? SKIPPED. I couldn't wait to start pedaling. And I actually look forward to tomorrow. At this rate, I may begin exercising every day. Well, sorry to cut it short, but it's time to go, peeps. The hubs is home and it's Miller dinner time. And then I may exercise again. See you later, taters! Bun.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

I stole your picture of Ryan. Let's just say it will go along way in my ???exercise???? plan also.

bunny said...

Yeah. Exercising your wrist! ;) hehe

Sonya said...

I haven't checked the blog all week thinking that you'll be starting back slowly. Imagine my surprise to find I've missed three days in row! Something sure lit your fire. I wish I could find some inspiration/motivation/something-or-the-other to get some things done.

Oh...and Angel all the way, baby!

Jen on the Edge said...

You are brilliant. Your sugar numbers are going to look amazing by season 2.

Elisabeth said...

Same as Sonya here... You're back with a vengeance! I keep thinking that if I break down and get some sort of Nook/Kindle thing, it will be to feed my reading addiction while I exercise. Good job finding inspiration... now if I could just get me some. ;-)

KP said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BUFFY. Forever. Word.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

That's how I lost my first 30 pounds...Watched Oprah while on the treadmill!

As soon as my "eat my way through Savannah" vacation is over I'm going to start walking again. I did 2 miles today just to get ready for the eating and drinking that commences Sunday morning!

bunny said...

Sonya...don't get used to it. We'll see how the weeks progress! :)

JOTE, I am brilliant. By the end of Season 2, I hope I will have lost at least 10-15 pounds. I will report back.

E, I don't think I could read while exercising. Requires too much brain power. ;)

KP, Word is right.

LMSS, if I lose 30 lbs. watching Buffy, I will be thrilled. Have a great vacay!