Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sweet Things of Summer

As I write, it is like 60 degrees outside here in the G of A. Sixty. effin. degrees. Now, don't get me wrong. I am NOT complaining. In fact, I am so giddy with happiness that I can barely type. I hope beyond hope that we have seen the last of the 90s for this year.

That said, as we (please, Lord, please) say goodbye (and good riddance) to summer, I was thinking back over the good things of summer. And, in between the sweating, the bugs, the horrible heat, etc. etc. etc., yes, there were some good things. Little things. But sometimes I find that the little things are the best things. So here are a few of my favorite little things.

My magical plastic cup! Screw on top with permanent plastic straw. Great for iced coffees in the car. Because I love ice coffees. In the car. In the summer.

My Williams Sonoma cherry pitter. I am always a little skeptical about kitchen gadgets. Will they REALLY do what they are supposed to do? And do it well? Well, the answer to this one is "HELLZ YES." This little gem made my summer cherry consumption so much better.

My Tiffany blue polish. See, I put my toe by a bag so you could see it just matched! I actually purchased this shade at ULTA. It was one of their summer colors....Island-something-another. I lurves it though. Very summery.

My Williams Sonoma pasta bowl. I have coveted this bowl for a while. And my sister's gift of a W-S gift certificate for my birthday finally made this purchase possible. I used it all summer for pastas and big salads. It is wide yet shallow and oh-so-fabulous. Love it.

My folk art from my super talented friend and folk artist Suzy Sue. Suzy rocks and her art rocks harder. She is so extremely talented and such a good person. Actually, I have found that most folk artists are terribly good people. Anyhoodle, Suzy gave this piece to me for my birthday. It is so cool....the background is shredded fabric/yarn. I think it is simply lovely and it now hangs in my bedroom and I see it every morning and it makes me happy.

So there you go. A few of my favorite things from summer. With that, I sign off because I must get up at the crack o' dawn in the morning to go into the ATL. If you find this post a little boring, my apologies. Getting back into the swing of being all bloggy after seven months is....well....not necessarily like riding a bike. It may take some time for this bunny to get her groove back. Bear with me. Love you all, B.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Not boring at all. You always have cool stuff to show us.
I love how much you love W-S. You'd be an amazing salesperson there and you'd get a discount!

bunny said...

LMSS, I would LOVE to work at W-S but somehow I don't think adding a part-time job would work with my new direction of work-life balance! haha Maybe when I retire!