Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Mumblings

Well, peeps, I was going to write a longer post today....I have so many things to cover....kitchen/cooking things, dog things, garden things. But, alas, late yesterday I started feeling poorly. Head hurting, throat hurting. Woke up this morning feeling like a cold turd. I went to work for a bit only because we have our biggest fundraiser a week from today (SO not a good time to be sick) then came home to spend the rest of the day in bed resting. I do feel better, so let's hope my prompt attention will help me ward off becoming worse. Anyhoodle, I thought I would just post some quick photos of more things I have recently enjoyed for you to, well, enjoy. Hopefully.

Last night, I tremendously enjoyed this meal, scratchy throat and all. Not so colorful, but it was a yummy marinated pork tenderloin I cooked all day in the Crock Pot with roasted cauliflower (my fave!) and Kraft's new Homestyle Mac & Cheese (which is fabulous!). On another note, I am always gobsmacked at how many people coo and drool over my food when I post photos on Facebook. I guess most people just don't cook which is so ridiculous. This meal was so seriously not hard, but so good.

I also enjoyed this beer yesterday....Sierra Nevada Tumbler, an autumn brown ale. Very tasty. I also agree with my fried Jeffy B. that Sierra Nevada has some of the prettiest bottle art. If that kind of thing matters to you. I will admit it coordinates nicely with my decor. Also a good thing, right, to have your beer and couch match?!? :)

I enjoyed this today. I have developed a love of red tea via Publix's red tea with pomegranate and orange. So good. The great thing about red tea, besides it being tasty, is it is naturally caffeine free and more full of antioxidants and other good things than green tea. I made up a batch to ice. I have already had three large Solo cups this afternoon. I figure more is better, right?!?

For some reason, I recently got a jones for Pimm's No. 1. It is a gin-tasting liquor that is very British. And quite tasty. It is usually mixed with lemonade or ginger ale and fruit. It brings back a very specific good memory from college which makes drinking it even better.

Behold my latest piece of folk art from biLly FRed heLlams of South Carolina. Love it. Yes, it is cross covered in beer caps. No, I am not sure what that says about me. Well, I could guess.

 
I also love Mat Kearney's new album....maybe my favorite of his to date. This ditty is the opener and quite a catchy tune:




Well, that's it for now. On another note, I just had a thought....how is it that RIGHT after I start exercising, I become ill? Just sayin'. Hope you had a great weekend and are having a glorious start to your week. Love and germy kisses, Bun.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Girl, I know you love some craft beer, as well do I. If you have not tasted the best of all...let me tell you it is Samuel Adam's Octoberfest. It has been my favorite for some time. Let me hear your expert review.

bunny said...

Jeff, thanks for letting me know...I will check it out!