Sunday, January 30, 2011

Same Old, Same Old

Peeps, I know I have fallen off the face of the Earth. I guess, like some of my other bloggy friends, I have been hibernating. I really don't have much new to tell about my life. I have been cooking (and eating), but the same old things. I have been drinking, but the same old things. I have been watching movies and TV and listening to music, but the same old things. Just not a whole lot of new here at Casa Bunny. There are, however, a few things of note I have enjoyed over the past two weeks:



I have been watching American Idol's new season. I LURVE me some Steven Tyler, BTW. I have never been a hater or lover of Aerosmith, but he is reinvigorating this show as far as I am concerned. Regardless, the video above is so wonderful (mascara alert!!) and I love what Steven Tyler says to Julie at the end.

I also went and saw The King's Speech and Blue Valentine last weekend. Blue Valentine was "meh" but The King's Speech is so, so good. Go see it. Wonderful. And I LURVE me some Colin Firth. Yum.

I also "rediscovered" Jane Monheit, a very talented but not well known jazz artist. And beautiful. Oh, so beautiful. Here is one of my favorites by her:



I also have watched Temple Grandin (very good), Secretariat (not bad), The September Issue (very interesting) and The Kids are All Right (wished it was better). I also saw this online last week and thought it hysterical:



If you don't know the reference, this won't be so funny, but if you do, it's awesome. Simply awesome.

Well, I am off to finish watching the SAG awards and the season finale of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Oh, Hellz, yes! Have a great week! XO, Bunch

4 comments:

ctflack said...

Totally agree about Steven Tyler. I was one of the the naysayers that American Idol would die without Simon Cowell. I wasn't even going to watch, but it was still programmed on the TiVo, so I thought I would give it a try, and LOVED IT! I'm still hooked. I want to see the Kings Speech too. We rented The Social Network - pretty good.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Same old hibernation, reading, watching TV here. Thankful to NOT be in a snow zone. Doing online research/job hunting stuff.

yay, American Idol!

robertga99 said...

I haven't been watching Idol. I decided not to after Simon left. And now that it's on Wednesday night, It's up against "The Middle" and "Modern Family".

Jeff said...

Where are you girl? I miss you!