Monday, December 13, 2010

Sunday on Monday: Part Deux

Well, peeps, I said I would be back and here I am. I will tell you though that right now I am being terribly distracted by the cutest dog in the world who is napping beside me and snoring and rubbing his face with his paw and such. Yes. That would be Charlie. But I have lots to share, so no more distractions! Here we go!

First, I don't remember much about the first part of the week except that it all lead to that last part of the week which was highlighted by this:

Hellz, yes, beeotches! It is THE STOVE. In MY kitchen. That bitch is bad-ass and has more buttons and bells and whistles than I can even share. And I am a little scared of it. And those radiant cooktops? A BITCH to clean. I have been paranoid all weekend about breaking it. Or scratching it. Or nicking it. Which I am sure WILL happen, but I just didn't want to happen within 48 hours after I shelled out 1.5 my monthly mortgage for a stove. That said, this stove ROCKS. MY. FACE. OFF. I have already used the double oven twice...Saturday to roast Brussel sprouts (top) and cook cornbread (bottom) and Sunday to warm tortilla chips (top) and make brownies (bottom). 

Which brings me to the food portion of this post. Last night, we had friends over and I decided to do "Nacho Bar." I cooked ground beef with taco seasoning, fajita chicken, pinto and black beans, roasted corn, jalapenos, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, three different salsas...and melty cheese. Lots of melty cheese. I also made these awesome cranberry margaritas:

Our company thought they were delish. I thought they were so good, I made me another tonight. We also had "Kitchen Sink Nachos" tonight with all the mixed together leftovers from last night. Behold:

Yum. fucking. ee. By the way, did I mention it is like single-digitish temps in the G of A today? Holy Christ, is it cold! I was so glad I bought a big puffy coat from Land's End last week (well, I tried to go get the photo, but that lame-o site won't let me copy the pic!). Anyhoodle, I didn't care that I looked like the Michelin man...my happy ass was toasty WARM. 

And speaking of warm, can Bunny just TELL you how much is PISSES. ME. OFF. when people say, when it is bitterly cold, something like "Global warming, my ass!"???? As was done tonight in the liquor store. By a dumb ass redneck. And at the risk of getting my ass kicked (but it was a man, so even rednecks won't HIT a women...at worst, I figured I would just get called an "uppity bitch"), I turn and say, "Well, REALLY global warming is about temperature EXTREMES and I think this is pretty damn extreme, don't you?" He just looked at me. And I walked out. Ha. In other booze news, I finally had one of the Flying Dog beers:

It was the India Pale Ale. also called Snake Dog IPA. I really liked it BUT it did have an odd aftertaste/lingering note. When I went to the Flying Dog site, I found this interesting site: BeerDinners.com. It appears to be sponsored by Flying Dog and pairs their beers with various dinner course. Neat.

In other news, Friday, a friend and I went the High Museum of Art in the ATL. She had some free passes, I had a day off, it was all good. I had not been to the High in a long time. A loooooonnnnnggg time. 

Apparently, the High has grown. A lot. Like doubled in size. Right now, they have a Dali exhibit as their main show.

This is front of the museum with the Dali promo and the ginormous mobile which I lurve. The exhibit was actually very good....large, thorough, many different mediums. I am not a huge Dali fan but I enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed it more had there not been 5,000 high schoolers running slunking around with their messy hair and weary sighs.

This is a view of the interior of the "old" building...very Guggenheim-esque, no?? Walking down that curved, circular walkway freaked. me. out. though. I don't do well with heighty things where I can see to the bottom. Eek. I know my friend probably sprained her eyes rolling them upward. After the museum, we decided on lunch at the Vortex, where I had great new beers: Laughing Skull Amber Ale by Red Brick Brewing, located in the ATL, and Dogfish 90 Minute IPA. I know! Another IPA! As I mentioned to Beer Drinker the other day, I am really into IPAs right now. And Dogfish is a great classic (so says Beer Drinker!). For lunch, we had the cheddar balls to start:

Damn, these were an EXCELLENT twist on cheese fingers. So good. I could have just eaten these. But I decided to get the Atlanta Nachos...nacho topping over tater tots:

The Vortex is this cool-as-hell bar & grill and the make super burgers and they love the tots. This dish, while good in theory, turned into a hot mess on the plate once the tots got soggy. Which took about five minutes. Crispy tots with nacho toppings = very good. Mushy tots with nacho toppings = Mexican hash. Bleh.

For my final share, I will tell you that since it has been so very cold, we have been letting K.K. stay inside. And Charlie just will. not. leave. her alone. Tonight, she just had e-fucking-nough though. He was in her face and she raised up, gave an open-mouthed hiss, and reached out her claw-drawn paw and embedded it in the top of his head.

Charlie was startled, then pissed. I was ROTFLMFAO. K.K. was like "What the Hell ever, mother fucker...don't mess with me...I will cut you." Charlie started barking at her. And she just ignored him and yawned. She was like "Bring it bitch....if you're feeling froggy, jump little mother fucker." I wish I could have gotten it all on tape. Later, Charlie went over to apologize for being a brat:

THAT I did manage to get. Sorta. They rubbed noses. All was good. Anyhoodle, peeps, this has been a terrible long post and I need to balance my checkbook and get to getting to bed. Hope you have a great week and are staying warm, wherever you are. Peace and love, B.

PS, I ain't proofing this bitch so if there are mistakes, so sorry.

5 comments:

robertga99 said...

I will have to make those margarita's. They look easy and delicious.

Congrats on the new stove. I have stove envy.

Jen on the Edge said...

Nice stove! Very, very sexy.

Don't sweat the radiant cooktop. I've had one for years and haven't broken or cracked it. The biggest issue is, if you spill something with sugar in it, wipe it up immediately or else it could pit the glass. You don't need an expensive, special cleaner either; just use one of those simple white paste cleaners, like Soft Scrub or the one made by Method (my personal fave).

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Dear Santa, I'm sorry I annoyed the cat. Love Charlie.
Dear Santa, I'm sorry I smacked the dog. Love KK.
Dear Santa, I'll put 8 dollars in the swear jar. Love Bunny.

I really loved my glass cooktop. I just used a damp sponge for fresh spills. Every couple of days I used the special cleaner.

bunny said...

Bobs, I will make them FOR you!

JOTE, it's such a needy stove top. SO needy. haha

LMSS, my animals have potty mouths, like their mom! I hate to admit this, but the hubs and I "subtitle" the animal's "speech" with VERY potty-mouthed talking. It's funny but you have to "be there."

Bo said...

The double oven is very nice!