Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bunny Sunday: The Hinky Gallbladder Rides Again!

Yo, peeps, I have been WAY overindulging this past week on holiday goodies and Mexican and drinks and all sorts of things that are bad, bad, bad, but so good, good, good. You will see a few of these dishes in a minute, and then understand. In the meantime, I think my gallbladder is revolting against the excess.

First, I just have to say that my weeks?? Are pretty damn boring these days. Really boring, in fact. It's work, home, dinner, work or TV bed. That's about it. I do sometimes manage to squeeze in an errand though, like making my way (with coupon!) this week to FINALLY buy me a new watch. It is ginormous and heavy and I am not 100% sure I 100% love it, so I will show you later. But, while at the department store, I bought this bauble:

You all KNOW my love of turquoise-y baubles, esp. for summer, and I could not resist this HUGE knuckle-scraper ring. For $7!!! Yes, just $7. Those Chinese children do good work, no? And I am a week late in posting this, but here is a yummy, yummy dinner Bobs recently made for me:

Meatloaf, green beans, mashed potatoes. That was some DAMN GOOD meatloaf peeps. Yum. I wish I had some now. I also enjoyed another Flying Dog beer this week.

This is their In Heat Wheat and I found it a little lacking. Practically zero carbonation (as you can see). Just not great. Not bad, but not great. Won't buy this one on its own. I also made more gnocchi this week:

 The Gia Russa gnocchi with butternut squash sauce (both from Cost Plus World Market!). I carmelized some onions at the same time as I cooked some bacon, and then mixed it into the sauce and added a little cream cheese to thin it out. Very good. Served with a winter salad of mixed greens, dried fruit, walnuts and blue cheese with a homemade white wine vinaigrette. Yum. 

Yesterday, to celebrate the hub's b-day, we went to see A Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theater in Atlanta. Of course, you cannot take photos, so I stole this one off the website:

Great play and ensemble! We had third row seats so we were RIGHTTHERE. Very nice. Before the show, we went to Amuse!, a nearby French bistro, for brunch. I forgot my camera, but the food and decor were great. I had the Croque Madame, though I must say, I DO think the ones I made were as good, though not as pretty. :) It is still plenty cold here, so last night I decided to make a new recipe: Cheddar Ale Soup.

Saute veggies in butter....

Toast croutons and crisp bacon....
Use immersion blender to whip it into creamy goodness....

 Season....

 Serve!

 I am quite sure this...with the butter, beer, cheese, bacon, truffle oil and such...is what threw my gallbladder into revolt. But it was worth it. It was so. damn. good. Try it, but try it on a day when you have eaten bland things. I think the rich French lunch + heavy dinner = gastrodisaster. And, of course, I cannot end a post without a cute Charlie photo of the week:

Another tucked in-paw out cute shot. Also, I hope you all enjoyed the Christmas tour of Casa Bunny. Thanks for all the nice comments. I may or may not be back this week, but if not, have a HAPPY CHRISTMAS...be merry, be bright! XO, B.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I saw the gnocchi at Ingles, if you get a hankering and don't want to go all the way to World Market. Surely if they have it up here, they would be in your neck of the woods, too.

robertga99 said...

Dang, that soup looks good!

Charlie is sooo cute. I heart him!

bunny said...

Thanks, Sonya....I will check. I have not run out yet! :)

He <3s you too, Uncle Bobs!