Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pondering the Future

Hi, peeps. Yes, I know it has been a while. I have been a very bad blogger of late. I have been trying to answer the question "WHY, OH, WHY AM I NOT BLOGGING?" and, in truth, I just have lost my passion for it.

When I started blogging, it was something fun, something different, a creative outlet. I never meant for it to be big (and it isn't!) and I never tried to become something I wasn't (for example, Pioneer Woman). BGR was always meant to be a way to keep in touch with my close friends and family while giving me a means of expression.

And I have met some GREAT people through blogging (i.e. Little Miss Sunshine State, Jen on the Edge) for which I am happy and grateful.

All that said, I also feel that if I did away with BGR, I would still talk to most of the people who read my blog, on some level. That's not to say I am shutting it down, but lately, blogging has been more like work that fun. I make myself feel guilty for not blogging which is stupid. And when I do blog, I feel I am "phoning it in" with uninspired posts.

Now, all THAT said, I think I am just going to take a hiatus and see what happens. No guilt. No posting (unless an urge strikes). I will see what happens. Maybe I will just commit to posting once a week (Bunny Sundays?) or maybe I will change the theme of the blog (only cooking?) or maybe I will, in the end, decide just to become a reader and not a poster.

Thank you all who have supported my effort, and please bear with me as I ponder BGR's future. If you have any comments or suggestions to share, please feel free to do so. Love and Sunshine Wishes, B.

9 comments:

Bo said...

I have been struggling with the same thing, but I would hate it if you quit all together...try maybe for just once a week.

Sonya said...

I'll miss reading your posts if you decide to stop, but I also realize that blogging is something that you should do for yourself and not your readers. You work too hard as it is...blogging shouldn't be added pressure and/or work.

Jen on the Edge said...

Blogging is supposed to be fun or a creative outlet or something else that you enjoy/benefit from. It's not supposed to be a chore. So, take a break and see how it feels.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I know where you live!
The thing I would miss the most is your photos, but even if you don't blog anymore we have to be forever friends.

bunny said...

Thanks, all...I appreciate your comments and support. I don't want to stop but I don't (right now) want the pressure of "regularly" posting. That said, I am thinking about a once a week mega-post (maybe Bunny Sundays). Stay with me, please! :)

Jeff said...

Bunny-
Boy am I plugged in! I check-in daily to see if you have any new posts. And inspire? Hells babe, now I drink (and truly enjoy) craft beer. BGR has kept me updated with pop culture. Shit, before BGR I never even heard of Williams-Sonoma. Your posted music has been both extremely nostalgic, as well as relavent to me. I am connected with all of your posts. By all means, please keep blogging. If the work of it all is too much, just write and share with us your wonderful stories and insights and use less photos possibly. Your friend and devoted fan. Jeff

robertga99 said...

Don't put pressure on yourself to even do a weekly post. Just do it when you feel motivated and inspired. I went through the same thing this summer.

Quay Po Cooks said...

I am sorry you feel that way but I can appreciate we will feel like that sometimes. Hey, I just found your blog so give me a chance to read your post lah:D

bunny said...

Jeff, I <3 you SO MUCH. SO MUCH.

Bobs, I <3 you too.

Quay Po, still here, still going. The Energizer Bunny. Ha.