Saturday, November 06, 2010

15 Minute Update (A Pictoral)

So, yeah, I forgot all about blogging this past week. Well, that's not true. I did think about it....I even had photos....but I just didn't feel inspired. So, I will do a quick recap of some of the highlights. Here we go.

Last Saturday night, a few of my friends got together for Halloween. Bobs made this cool punch....called Swamp Water....which was a sickly green-grey color (trust, me it was even though the photo does not show it!) and Bobs floated an ice "hand" in it. And you know what it was??? Just orange juice with pulp, Dr. Pepper and vodka. I know! It does sound gross but it was oh-so-tasty. We all enjoyed copious amounts.

Sunday night, I made homemade meatballs and we had spaghetti & meatballs. I have certainly made meatballs before but--and I know this sounds strange--I don't think we have ever actually had spaghetti and meatballs. They were tasty though and the recipe made enough to freeze a batch for later. Score!


 Monday night, the hubs and I watched our FAVORITE guilty pleasure: Real Housewives of ATL. Those women range from sassy to hot-mess. And OMG. This scene? Had us peeing our pants. Well, the last line anyway. Classic. Watch it, but it's NSFW!

Tuesday, I cooked gnocchi! I actually bought this at Cost Plus World Market (one of the surprises I was telling you about). I just boiled up the gnocchi and then decided to brown it a little in olive oil.

The browning part did not work out so well...they wouldn't turn brown on the outside. Yeah. So that was a FAIL. Oh well. They were still tasty, esp. when tossed with this:
 
  
I bought this sauce at World Market, too and it was really THICK...like applesauce.
It was good, but I think next time I will whisk in a little cream to thin it.

I served the gnocchi with grilled sausage links and broccoli. It was a colorful plate and tres tasty!

I also tried these salad kits this week. Apparently, they are only available at Wal-Mart. There are four: Original Ranch, Caesar, Southwestern and Spinach. This one is by far the best. Is it lazy? Why yes. It is good? Why yes. I had a coupon anyway, so no guilt here.

Last night, I made homemade pizza,which was delish! Bobs has taught me a new trick: Did you know most pizza places will sell you fresh dough??? I know. I went by the local Johnny's and bought dough and sauce for like $3! How awesome is that?? I also enjoyed this beer last night. A really good porter...the vanilla gives it some sweetness so it's not as bitter as some porters I have had. Here's the brewer descrip: An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure, real vanilla bean.

Today, my moms and I went Christmas shopping for the kiddos. I gots ALL my shopping done for them! Here are a few of the giftees. Just a few more things to get for friends and I will be done altogether!

I also picked up a few giftees for my own fur kids....they never get gifts from my fams. That just ain't right. And those treats on the right?? A little gross, but the kiddos LOVE them...like weird pieces of real steak!

 And I picked up a little gift for Bunny.
Word.

Now it's 3 p.m. and I have a mountain of stuff to do, from cleaning house to balancing the check book to getting dinner started. We also are planning on starting Christmas decorating this weekend. Because we are crazy that way, that's why. Sigh. Oh, and it's cold here this weekend and I need to switch my winter and summer clothes. Ok. Deep breath. Go have a beer. And start. See you later, taters! B.

9 comments:

Sonya said...

You can also buy fresh pizza dough in the bakery at Publix. Can't remember how much it is.

bunny said...

Oh, I've bought that Sonya but this dough is BETTER. Fresher.

Jeff said...

Glad to see you back! I love the punch. That Bob is a creative S.O.B. BTW I love Blue Moon.

bunny said...

Oh, you would live this pack of brew then, Jeff...it's three seasonal faves: Harvest Moon (their pumpkin beer), Pale Moon (their IPA) and their Belgian White. I've already tried two... ;)

Bo said...

That punch looks so disgusting, but I do love Dr. Pepper.

bunny said...

It DOES look disgusting, but that's the whole point, Bo! But I promise you it is delish...it was the hit of the night!!

robertga99 said...

Hey Jeff! How U doin! hehe

When are we going try to make gnocchi?

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I got fresh pizza dough today at Publix. Onions, mushrooms and pepperoni, baby.

bunny said...

Bobs, not sure about the gnocchi...the Gia Russa is pretty good!

LMSS, we did pepperoni and mushrooms, too!