Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Life Returns to "Normal"

Well, peeps, now that the rush and push of the summer fundraising season is over, it seems like I have a good coast until the end of the year at least. As far as work is concerned. Like I have left work ON TIME the past two days. And I can read. And cook. And see friends. You know...have a life.

Anyhoodle, I have been on a cooking jones the past week, no doubt spurred by the change of seasons. And now that I am off antibiotics (I had a bad sinus infection right before vacay....went to the minute-doc-in-a-box and they gave me a ginormous shot of steroids in the arse and some antibiotics and all was good. Steroids? Rock. Hard.), I have been taking to imbibing again. So here are a few dishes and drinks from the past few days.

Last night, I made my beloved pork steaks. If you've never tried these, go now to your local grocer and demand them. They are like pork ribeyes....slightly fatty, cut thin with a bone, and oh-so-good. I seasoned mine and just grilled them in my grill pan and they were so delish...tender and flavorful. And cheap. Like less than $2.50 per pound.

Then, I roasted some cauliflower. I have seen this so many places recently...just toss some cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast. Very easy and yummy.

PAUSE:  I have to go break up pet fights. Hold on.
Sweet Baby Jesus. Charlie was chasing K.K. Who was kicking Charlie's ass. Which just encouraged him. And Pepsi just was sitting on the sidelines barking at the whole shenanigans. Then, Charlie gots all bitey when I tried to remove him. Oh HELL NO, boy. Don't bite the hand that (literally) feeds you. Now Charlie is in time out. Ok, back to blogging.

So this is the pork (cut from bone for my baby hubs) and cauliflower and butternut squash risotto (thanks, Target!) plated. It was yummy, if a bit bland in color.

Last night, I tried this pumpkin ale...it was ok, but nothing I would run out to buy again. That's all.

This drink is one of the things I bought at Cost Plus World Market. It is wine-tea. I was intrigued. It is...interesting. I honestly can't say if I hate it or love it. It def tastes like tea. Weirdly so. But it is REALLY. SWEET. I put a little lemon in it which helped the taste. I think it would be better on a desperately hot summer night, sitting in a screened porch. Yeah. Maybe so.

I know I haven't talked about reading in a while. And it's because, when I have had TIME to read, I've mostly been reading easy-to-digest chick lit that did not require much effort. I am actually reading a book right now I really like. If I continue to like, I will report back.

As far as music, I am loving this Maroon 5 song right now....the video is sorta sexy and sorta campy:



I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED M5's first album. It was brills. Just brills. I did not love their sophmore effort so much. But this song reminds me very much of their first album. I have this song, in particular, on repeat. Well, that's all for now. Hope you all are having a great week so far. Back soon. Loves, B.

2 comments:

robertga99 said...

I think the Maroon 5 song is ok. I still don't think it's as good as their songs from "Songs about Jane"...BUT ...Adam Levine is so HOT! He's got something going on beside his looks. Like you just know he would be great in bed...raw sexual energy. YUM!

bunny said...

Bobs, you are SO right about A.L.! He should be your Hump Day Hunk one Wed.!