Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fair Food

Well, peeps, it has been a LONG week. We have our big fundraising golf tournament tomorrow for work PLUS we had a booth at our big local fall festival this weekend....for three days. I worked the booth yesterday, and I won't tell my boss, but the only reason I really wanted to go was for the fair food.

Festival/fair food is just the only damn reason to go to those things. I mean, fresh lemonade. Boiled peanuts (which I DON'T eat, btw). Anything fried and/or on a stick you want. Here just a few of the booths in the "food court":

Gyros! Corn dogs! BBQ! Oh my!

I don't know what "Fluffy Fries" are but I think I want some.

A QUART of sweet tea?!?!? I am in heaven.

Steaming hot kettle corn. O. M. G.

Or, as I like to call it, Kettle Corn Crack. This stuff is addictivly awesome.

Hand-dipped corn dog....satisfied my need for something fried and something on a stick.

And the #1 All-Time Fave Festival Food: Funnel Cake. Deep fried goodness sprinkled with sugar.

Sadly, my stomach is reeling this morning from all that fried and sugared yumminess. But it was worth it. I cannot remember the last time I had food like that and I enjoyed it, calories be damned. I will report back later with my trip for the day...Bobs and I are going to a different kind of "Fall Festival." B Out!

2 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Great, now I'm drooling for kettle korn and funnel cakes.

*droooooooooool*

Jeff said...

Gay pride and a pic of that huge juicy corndog...oh my!!!!