Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a most excellent weekend. Mine was busy but good for several reasons. First, I really had no problem choosing what I wanted to purchase with my winning gift certificate from Bo's Bowl:

I pretty much gave it away in the last post, but I def decided on the 9x12 Le Creseut rectangular baker in Kiwi. I have the smaller 9-inch square and the pie pan and a few other small pieces, all scored at discount home goods stores, but had never seen--though I highly coveted--the large baker. Now it is mine and en route to Casa Bunny as we speak.  And since it was ON SALE with FREE SHIPPING, I used my extra $$ to purchase this gem:

A cool Caphalon ice cream scoop. It's unique design is supposed to make scooping easier. I would probably have never bought this for myself, so I thought it was a good choice, esp. since we love the ice cream here at Casa Bunny. As far as cooking, it was a weekend of repeat favorites:

Southwest Shrimp Salad with grilled shrimp, grilled corn, tomatoes, lime-ranch dressing, manchego cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. Yum. To continue the Southwest cuisine, we had Big Plate of Nachos this weekend too:

These are my spectacular BBQ chicken nachos with HOMEMADE mango-pineapple salsa. Delish, right?? Well, the hubs told me these "are not his favorite." Too much cilantro apparently. WTF? These rock it. He is a weirdo. And I am taking new application for a spouse. Bo??? ;)

Saturday ended my four out of five weekend working streak with our last Rabies & Wellness Clinic of the summer. And LOOK at this PRECIOUS little girl with her Great Dane mix who came:

Couldn't you just EAT HER UP??? I want her. She could have rode that dog like a pony. And they were so cute....he was very gentle, and she was just leading him around. Loves. While I was working Saturday, Bobs picked me up a hit of my latest addiction:

 
Chocolate covered coffee beans! Holy Hell, these things are awesome! Crack beans. They are esp. good in a Frosty. Just saying. Bobs also picked me up this little gift last week:

 
Tiny flan dishes from Le Creseut in Kiwi! He found them on Super Sale minus 75% at Dillard's so they were like $2 each. I have no idea what I am going to use them for--individual tarts? dip dishes? lemon slice holders? (no, not flan)--but they are so cute.  

Last night, the hubs and I went over to Bobs for dinner and Emmy watching (was it me or were the dresses SUPREMELY BORING this year? My fave was Jane Lynch--I thought she looked stunning...I would so go lesbian for her...her and SofĂ­a Vergara) and he made this killer Chocolate Stout milkshake. Apparently, it is a Bobby Flay recipe...maybe Bobs will post a link in comments as I could not find one it a Google search.

In other news, earlier in the day, Bobs and I had tried to have some pool time, but gots sprinkled out, only to return to my truck and find the tire flat. It was screwed, literally. A big ol' screw in the tread. One patch this morning later, and it's good as new. Lastly, puppy updates:

Here is Charlie, in his play yard in my office. I keep him behind bars because he has managed to chew up the bottoms on the arm rests on my chair. And he won't stop. But he has a cushy set-up with a nice bed and plenty of toys.  

 
Look at him, all sprawled out in his (non-chewable) bed! I bought him a nice, nice plush bed which he proceeded to eat bit by bit, so he gots this one next. He is mostly good at work...he is "office trained" (YEAH!) but he barks too much at "strange" people (BOO!). Yeah. We continue to work on that one.

In Pepsi news, we are taking her to the vet Wednesday. She just seems off. I wonder if she is having late stage grief over Savannah. I know I am. I have cried at least three times in the past week over our girl. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little canine prayer for her. I don't think we can take losing another one so soon if it was something serious. Be back soon...have a great week! B.

4 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

The pan is awesome.
So were your Southwestern dinners. I miss eating like that. It's just no fun anymore.
I misses the emmy's. I had to work and BOY was I cranky because I forgot to set the DVR!

robertga99 said...

Black & White Stout Milkshake:

4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
18oz chocolate stout beer,chilled
Pinch salt

Directions:
Take the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer for 10 minutes or so to soften. Once barely softened, add to the blender 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, the milk, chocolate syrup, and the chilled stout, pouring slowly so as not to generate lots of beer foam. Add the pinch of salt and blend to a smooth consistency. For a thicker consistency, add more vanilla ice cream.

dishinanddishes said...

I love those little flan dishes. I want! Also, saw Bobby make that milkshake Sunday - actually, I think it was his guest on Grill It. Double Chocolate Stout is the bomb!

bunny said...

LMSS, Can't wait to get my pan!

Bobs, thanks for the recipe!

D&D, Double Chocolate Stout IS awesome...I had ONE can left and that is what we made the shakes with!