Monday, July 05, 2010

Monday Musings

It was a laid back weekend, dudes. Saturday, I went to see the A-Team movie with one of my peeps (the hubs does not feel my love for the A-Team or action movies) and it was awesome! Action packed, and sorta campy and some great funny moments, too.

I loved the A-Team television show when I was younger. The movie is a prequel to the TV show, showing how the quartet got to be the A-Team.

Bradley Cooper plays Face...and, honey, what a face! And bod. Boy worked out for this movie. He was smokin' hot and the director took advantage with several shirtless scenes. (pausing to fan myself)

Liam Neeson plays Col. "Hannibel" Smith, and is so hot, as well. I, mean, I would LOVE to be the meat in this hot man sandwich. Word. I am just sad it hasn't done better at the box office so there would be more movies.

Then, I wents 4th of July bargain shopping and gots me a pair of jeans for $5 (!) and four tops, all for less than $40! Yesterday, we did absolutely NOTHING which was awesome. Well, the hubs worked on schoolwork, and I worked in the yard and did housework, then napped and it was great. I needed it because I have been feeling drained and tired. And it's gonna be a long, long July and August...I have FIVE weekend events and two fall events to plan. Oy. In other news, I have enjoyed two really good beers the past week. The first is:

Hop Sun by Southern Tier Brewing Company. This seasonal beer is labeled a "summer wheat" and it's pretty tasty. Here's the website descrip: Filtered to a golden clarity and dry-hopped to perfection, Hop Sun is a fantastic session ale in which flavors of wheat, barley and hops commingle to a refreshing and zesty conclusion. Hints of lemon and sweet malts waft to the fore as a touch of bitterness contributes to Hop Sun’s bright finish. I also enjoyed this very nice pils:

Prima Pils from Victory Brewing Company. Victory has some nice beers, and might be edging into a third place behind Rogue and Stone for me. Here's there website descrip: Heaps of hops give this pale lager a bracing, herbal bite over layers of soft and smooth malt flavor. This refreshing combination of tastes makes Prima a classy quencher in the tradition of the great pilsners of Europe. I normally do not like super-hoppy beers but this one was smooth, as stated. Give it a try!

On the Savannah sadness front, yesterday I was straightening up the laundry room/pantry and was working through the dog bin when I ran across a can of Savannah's diabetic food....and started bawling. I also have a photo on the camera--the last one I took of her--that I just cannot delete even though it is poor quality. It's those little things I don't expect that set me into sadness now.

Well, I am off...have to water the garden (picked my first tomatoes yesterday! and plenty of cukes! think I am going to make cuke soup for supper tonight to go with lamb burger sliders) and play with Charlie before heading to Bobs for pool time this afternoon. Hope you all are enjoying your (hopefully) long weekend! XO, B.

PS, Sorry for the formatting on this post...it's all wackado and I am tired of messing with it! STUPID 'EFFIN BLOGGER!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Two words: BRADLEY. COOPER.

:)

bunny said...

A.MEN.