Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Ramblings & Rants

Holla, peeps! Thanks for indulging my end-of-week rant last week. Things at work sorta sucked. Well, work didn't suck. Some peeps at work sorta sucked. Good Lord, there are some of the WHINIEST people that work with me. SUCK IT UP, PEEPS. You are freakin' adults. Act like it, 'kay?? I, mean, seriously. I gets SO tired of people bitching and moaning and pussing up (that would be the eye-shoulder-rolling-I-don't-know-or-give-a-shizz-move....you know, like a 6 year old) all the damn time. How 'bout you quit if it is SO unbearable for you? Seriously. Okay, sorry I gots off on another rant....next, please!

This weekend I had my third event in six weeks. Can you say "pooped"? Can you say "Bunny is vacating next week?" In even better news, my boss came in this morning and said "Take the day off Friday, too!" What a dude. Word.

In food news, Saturday night I made these quesadillas from the Pioneer Woman. Boy howdy, were they tasty! The hubs remarked several times over their yumminess. Sorry no pics--camera still on the blink. Last night, I made this beef stroganoff recipe from Williams-Sonoma. It was good, but a little heavy for the time of year. However, I had some beef tips that I needed to eat, so....I will say this recipe was lighter than others I have tried. More brothy, less creamy.

In other news, we are interviewing at work for a vet tech. Now, I know a vet tech is not a professional position per se, but I CANNOT believe the way some of these peeps have showed up for. an. interview. Tank tops. Capri pants. Flip flops. Yes, I am not kidding. Flip flops. Really. I, mean, I wore a suit to EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW I had last year. Even if I knew it was a non-dressy environment. Even in a position like this, I would expect a nice sweater/blouse, slacks, dressy sandals/flats. Or even clean, pressed scrubs with clean sneakers. Seriously. I would not hire ANY of them. If they cannot dress like they take it seriously, then why should I take them seriously? Thank God for them it is not my decision.

Then, today, we had a high school work study girl come in for an interview. My boss asked me to sit in on the meeting. She was dressed in a sloppy T-shirt. Jeans. Flip flops. Chewing gum. She said "Yeah" to my boss about ten times. I just cringed. Cringed. WHY would the school not give them some instruction on how to interview? Or did they and she ignore it? Again, I don't expect a suit on a 16 year old, but doesn't she have a nice blouse and some pressed jeans? A cute dress? I am thinking of calling her supervisor and telling them maybe they need to do a little more work here. Three more are coming Thursday. Cannot WAIT to see them. I really hope one of them surprises me.

The BEST part of the interview, though, was when I asked her why she wanted to work at our organization. She said, "because I like animals." I just laughed. Sorry, I had to. Really? Are you gonna like them when they piss on you? When you are cleaning out shitty kennels? When they chew on your flip flop? Ha. I don't think so. It's like when I worked in PR and we asked people why they wanted to be in PR and they said "because I like people." Wrong. PR has almost as much to do with people as an animal welfare organization has to do with animals. People come in there thinking they are gonna be cuddling puppies and kitties all day. Riiiiiight. Not gonna happen.

Speaking of puppies, the Charlester almost wound up in a Chinese restaurant today as the daily special. He about pushed me over my limit when he purposefully shredded his nice, plush bed. Guess what? His little arse slept on the cold, hard concrete of my office floor this afternoon. Mom wins.

Well, I am off to bed--still recovering from the weekend. Looking forward to my vacay and birthday next week. Whee. XO, B.

9 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Nobody knows how to dress for a job hunt anymore. We have young people coming in for an application at a SHOWER GEL store and they look like they haven't had a bath in a week. If they have a face full of piercings I put the application on the bottom of the pile.

I also lose it with the whiners at work. If they don't want to do the job there is a pile of 200 applications from people who do want the job.

Jeff said...

I feel you sista. Rookie nursing students think nursing is just holding hands and smiling like the Johnson and Johnson's commercials. WRONG.

Elisabeth said...

Sounds like things are looking up! Hope you have a great week off - we're heading out, too! Can't wait for the sand, salt & surf!

bunny said...

LMSS, my boss is "old school"...no showing piercings (except ears) or tats. No low-cut or low-hanging clothes. I love it.

Jeff, That's the freakin' funniest thing I've read in a while..."like a J&J commercial"...snort!

E, wish we were going to the beach but just taking care of business around the house. Maybe in October...

Bo said...

Everyone likes animals...until they have to clean up poop!

robertga99 said...

He's a PUPPY! Get him off the cold, hard concrete and bring him to Uncle Bob's

bunny said...

Exactly, Bo.

Bobs, you can come get him. Anytime.

Fannie said...

My 18 yo is out interviewing. IN A SUIT FOR THE LUVA GOD! Food service, retail, no matter. Dress nicely!

bunny said...

Amen and thank you, Fannie, for raisin' your child right.