Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Hump Day Holla: The 12-Inch Mix

First, those of you who know what a 12-inch mix is, go straight to the fridge and congrats yourself with a beer! Yessiree, some of my best memories of young adulthood were Georgia State University's 12-Inch Show on Sunday (for those of you that are total music 'tards or younger than 35, 1) get your mind out of the gutter and 2) get a clue or I may have to ban you from BGR...I keed, of course!).

Anyhoodle, it's been a quick week. I, mean, they are just whizzing by these days. Can you believe we are halfway through April? WTH? In good news, I have been on a cooking tear this week....here's some things I have been whipping up:

 
Saturday night, I made Bo's at Bo's Bowl Chicken & Sugar Snap Pea Stir-Fry with Chili Garlic Sauce. I bought all the ingredients for this dish when I went to the DFM a few weeks ago, and with the exception of purchasing up the ingredients, it was exceptionally easy to make and very yummers.

I will say I gots a TAD bit heavy-handed with the chili-garlic sauce (man, that shit could strip wallpaper in larger doses! And I can only imagine the fire in the cornhole if you ate too much!) so it was a TAD warm but still quite, quite good. This one will be made again, maybe with shrimps.

Sunday we went to my sis' for Easter lunch and to celebrate my nephew's b-day, so we didn't want a super heavy meal so I made Big Plate o' Nachos which chicken, red beans and avocado. MMMMMM! B.P.O.N. is quickly becoming a wonderful tradition here at Casa Bunny. With a cold beer, natch. Word.

Monday night, I made pork steaks and served it with roasted Brussel sprouts and boxed mac & cheese (shut up! I like it, 'kay? In fact, I will eat just about any mac & cheese that is set in front of me). Ground pork is becoming another fave here at Casa Bunny. It's very lean and so cheap (a pound at the Publix was $1.66!!). I just mix in some Everyday Seasoning from Trader Joe's and grill it in a pan. Viola! Easy-peasy.

Last night, I had to work late due to a work event, so we dined at my favorite indulgence--Taco Bell. Oh, Hell, yes, I am always up for a run to the border. Tonight, I gots back into the groove and made a yummy dinner of roasted asparagus and frittata:

Asparagus......

 Frittata with sausage, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese.

I lurves frittata but Mr. Martha sorta has a "thing" about eggs so he barely choked down half his helping before calling it a day. Oh, well, more for me! I love omelets and frittatas...in fact, when I was working from home (then unemployed) I would often make an omelet for lunch when I did not have leftovers. Easy, quick, filling.

Other than that, not much going on. Allergies are driving me crazy (the pollen count was like 5,733 today in Atlanta....120 is extremely high), Charlie is driving my crazy (bite, bite, bite until he bites my cute shoes then it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG PUPPY! But we start training next Monday) and I have more to do that I can possibly accomplish in this lifetime. Sigh. All I really want to do is go sit on the couch with a beer but I have an article to write, a newsletter to layout, work on my brother's resume (he lost his job...AGAIN...another story). Did I say "Sigh"? Okay, then, so I am off! Love ya, B.

8 comments:

robertga99 said...

You had me at 12 inch!
hehe
I guess I fall under # 1

Bo said...

Bunny I'm gonna have to try that stir fry with shrimp too...and I like the boxed mac and cheese too...maybe even more than homemade.

@Bob,
12 inches would scare the hell out of me.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I'm with you on the "too much to do". You guys are eating WAY better then we are!

bunny said...

Bobs, you are just NOT a good gay! LOL :)

Bo, I think shrimp would be yummy..thanks again for the recipe! PS, I esp. like the Velveeta mac & cheese.

LMSS, unfortch I like to eat and my ass shows it.

Fannie said...

I grow asparagus and so we eat it almost every day this time of year. The unfortunate side effect is fear of having to use public restrooms if you catch my drift…

bunny said...

Fannie, asparagus pee is not as bad as chili garlic sauce poo! haha

blackbird said...

STARVING NOW.

sheesh that stuff looks good.

Jeff said...

girlie, what's the scoop on the 12-inch mix? i love the charlie-with-the-tongue shot.