Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hump Day Holla

Wow. I cannot remember the last time I posted a Hump Day Holla. Well, this one is going to be a short one, but I just HAD to recap the meal I made last night cause it was slap-yo-mama goodness.

Since it was snowing, I really wanted soup but, alas, I did not have the makings, so I decided to go with comfort food. I had some ground pork which I could not decide what to do with so I decided to go simple and just make pork steaks:

I just patted them out, sprinkled them liberally with some lemon pepper and grilled them up in my trusty Caphalon grill pan. I was surprised at how LEAN the meat was--very, very if no fat came off the meat. For sides, I broke my jones for Brussel sprouts:

These are from Bobs and I run to the DFM a weekish ago. I just sliced them in half, tossed with a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted on both sides in the oven for about 15-20 min each side. And, oh yeah, I sprinkled them with a little bacon. Nothing like doubling up on your pork intake.

To round out the meal, I made smashed potatoes from some lingering red potatoes I had laying around and then whipped up some white gravy for the steaks and taters. Ah, gravy. Beverage of the South. It was freakin' yummers and as good as any greasy Southern spoon buffet. Don'cha wish you lived at Casa Bunny??? ;)

In other news, I am trying to talk the hubs into adopting one of the cocker-schnauzer pups. I will have to take photos and post here. They are SO. DAMN. CUTE. You will all have to help me woo the hubs. Be good and I'll be back soon! XO, B.

4 comments:

Bo said...

Now that is a hearty meal...I love roasted brussel sprouts...never put bacon on them.

bunny said...

It was hearty...and I was hungry! Brussel sprouts are a fave and bacon makes everything better. :)

blackbird said...

Gosh that looks good.

robertga99 said...

Is that bacon bits? or did you fry some up?
I like browning the bacon then once its crispy, remove it and toss the brussel sprouts in all the yummy bacon grease and season with salt & pepper then toss in the oven
YUMMY