Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hump Day Holla: Puppypalooza

Yo, yo peeps--it's the Hump Day Holla! To recap, this week has been a tiny bit chaotic. Yeah. Just a little, tiny bit. Monday was Granny Wofford's funeral which was incredibly sad and broke my heart for her grandchildren and Mama Ann. Then, Monday evening, I decided to bring home THE puppy for an overnight--which has now turned into the THIRD overnight. In a row. My boss is allowing me to temporary foster him to see how he fits our family. Here are some photos:

Puppy, who we have been calling "Buddy," asleep in my office. Conked out. But Monday night did not go so well. The girls were PISSED to say the least. Puppy pooped no less than five times and peeped more than that. But he WAS consistently pooping and peeing in the same general place--the mat under our exercise bike--so good for him.

Tuesday night went slightly better. But this morning? Oy. Savannah was NOT a happy camper, as is usual at meal times around our house. Puppy almost got his ass kicked about five times. Oh, above is puppy on my desk, chewing my pen.

Tonight has been better--Puppy has only almost got his ass kicked once. He is a sweet boy. Seriously. I mean, he is a puppy, chewing, peeing and pooping at will, but he is quiet and basically entertains himself. He has shared my office the past two days at work and been just a love.

So now we have to decide: Adopt or Not? I am SO torn. He is cute, sweet and needs a good home. But can I tell you WHY I have been so drawn to him? No. Other than he is sweet and has this pitiful look. And I suppose I just cannot resist pitiful. He also has bonded with me and seems very smart and loving. However, Savannah is SO put out by him right now and it makes me sad to stress her out esp. with her diabetes (I worry about making her health worse). And the work of three doggies?? Oy. I just don't know.

My nephew votes "Yes" and wants me to name him "Skittles" after the candy (which he loves). Regardless, at this point, I cannot surrender him to the Humane Society because it would be too hard for me to know he was sitting back there in a cage after being out all this time. So, if not, I will have to foster him until we can find him a home. Peeps, what should I do? Help me blogger buddies. I just don't know what to do, but I want it to be the right thing. Yo. B.

7 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

What the hell, just go for it. Yes, it's insane and yes your dogs will be pissed. But, they'll adjust and this way you won't have any regrets.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Don't laugh, but this is a little bit like why I never had another baby. The 2 I had were already stressed out.

Bo said...

I vote yes! Skittles is a cute name too.

KP said...

keep the pup.

Elisabeth said...

OK - totally not fair for me to weight in since we haven't taken the plunge into puppy child #2, but I say keep him. How is Pepsi liking the company?

robertga99 said...

I say only you & Mr. Martha can make this decision. It would be easy for me to look at his little puppy face and say keep him. However, I know how hard puppies can be and I know that you will find him a great home should you decide not to keep him.

bunny said...

Thanks everyone! It is a hard choice in many ways. We had just about decided "yes" when the puppy and Savannah both got sick this morning and had to go to the vet. Now we are back to "undecided." I will keep you posted.