Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Hit Me Baby One More Time.....Not

Well, peeps, guess what? It is snowing here AGAIN in the G of A. Of course, most of you know this since you live nearby, but it's coming down like it ain't never stopping and has been since like 6 a.m. I went to work, and here is my ride home once my boss let us go around 1 p.m.

As you can see, the roads are not TOO bad, but really, I think we already have more accumulation than two weeks ago. Craziness. On another note, can I say how much I appreciate my boss?? He called a little while ago to make sure I made it home ok. And he did that two weeks ago too. I know, I cannot believe it either.

What I can also not believe is yesterday was my one month anniversary in the new job. Though I am technically "on probation" for 90 days, I think I will be staying. I did go ahead today and give a nice donation. I figured I cannot very well ask others for money if I myself am not willing to give. But I WILL be asking for a refund if they decide to let me go in 60 days. Word.

In other news, Sunday night I took the hubs out to dinner to celebrate the end of his first classes. It was a HARD seven weeks for both of us. Yeah, it sorta blew. And not in a good way. Anyhoodle, I decided to combine the event with a visit to a new restaurant in keeping with my resolutions, so I chose Feast in Decatur, GA:

Can I tell you how seriously stoked I was to dine here? Seriously. Cool little place on the right side of the tracks with an interior that's all dark, moody lighting and exposed brick walls. Nice. Romanticky. To start we had the black-eyed pea hummus:

Let me say if lovin' this is wrong, I don't wanna be right. It was served with warm, grilled pita and grilled veggies. Um, YUM. And before we go any further, let me apologize for the photos. It is hard to take photos in a VERY DARK restaurant and not startle the other patrons with your flash. Yo.

For entrees, I had the Roasted Mountain Trout stuffed with artichoke & fennel and drenched in lemon citrus butter with a side of corn pudding. It was pretty freakin' tasty but not too pretty to photog. The hubs, however, had the above, which I was supremely jealous over: Wood Oven Roasted Shrimp with whiskey sauce and bleu cheese & bacon risotto. Damn. Now that shizz? Was totes yummers. I could just bathe in a tub of that risotto. With a spoon. Then we were all "no dessert" until our serve person told us the special dessert was....wait for it:


Strawberry & pear cobbler. Oh HELL to the YES. By God, that shizz was crackalicious. In fact, just thinking about it again makes me want to make a cobbler tonight for dessert. So, a very good meal and def a joint worth visiting again.

In sad news, Granny Wofford passed away Sunday (I just found out last night) and the little puppy that I enjoyed puppy therapy with last Friday also passed away Sunday. NOT that I am equating Granny to the puppy, but it was just a sad day yesterday all around. So I had to do some MORE puppy therapy, this time with a cocker-schnauzer mix puppy that is simply precious. Precious. Thanks goodness we have plenty of puppies to love.

Anyhoodle, I am off like a herd of turtles. Trying to take advantage of these few extra non-work hours to get some shizz accomplished today. Hope you all are warm and dry, wherever you are. Love, B.

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Sorry for the two losses...

Feast looks good & congrats getting to leave work early & scoring an empathetic boss!

Hope to catch up with you soon!

robertga99 said...

I'm all about that pear & strawberry cobbler! Looks smackdelicious.

Bo said...

Sounds like you have a pretty good boss...I don't think I could work there...I already have 3 dogs...If I worked there I think I would become way to attached and have to adopt them too. 3 dogs is plenty.

bunny said...

E., Thanks, it was good, and my boss is a good man. Who knew working for a man could be a good thing? hehe

Bobs, that cobbler was delish!

Bo, we have three furry children too, but I have to admit that last night I was trying to talk my hubs into one of those cocker pups! The good thing is that we are a no-kill shelter so I know they will find homes!

robertga99 said...

P.S.
You were riding my ass about looking at a text when you were in the car with me BUT you are taking pics while driving?!?!?! AND...you are taking those pics while driving with icy road conditions? WTH!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Sorry to hear about Granny W. And the puppy.

Can you talk about what you've been doing at work?

bunny said...

LMSS, actually, I CAN talk about work since no one there knows me as "bunny". hehe I was planning on taking some puppy pics. Stay tuned! And thanks for your note.

Bobs, the difference between YOU texting and ME photoing is that I was 1) going 30 miles an hour, 2) was looking AT the road while doing it and 3) the only car within a mile was the one you see a mile in front of me.