Monday, February 08, 2010

Ode to Michael Feinstein


Oh, Michael Feinstein, how do I love you? Let me count the ways.

  
I love you because even though last week Sucked. Hard. the mere knowledge that I had tickets to your Saturday night concert in Atlanta gave me the will to live to the weekend.

I love you because, unlike other performers....other men.... even other humans, you have never disappointed me. Fourth time seeing you in concert and it was just as excellent as each and every time before. You are always charming, gracious, funny, and full of life. It is readily apparent that you love, love, love what you do and I love you for it. And you do it So. Damn. Well.

I love you because you are all that and a big ol' bag of chips, but you don't act that way on stage. That other Michael cannot hold  a candle to you on his best day. My only regret (and, yes, I do have a few) is that the last time you were in the ATL, I did not stay and meet you. I was hoping you would be signing CDs this concert, and I could finally reveal my undying devotion, but alas, it was not meant to be. For now, I can only hold onto my dream....a trip to your NYC joint one day to see you in person there. And maybe meet you. And have a late supper with you. Then have you invite me back to your fabulous apartment where we'll sip cocktails while you noodle on the piano and sing my favorite songs and share great stories of all the interesting people you've met and places you've been. I mean, a girl CAN have a dream, right?

 Until then, I will continue to enjoy your lovely music
and appreciate you from afar.
Your devoted (almost) Georgia stalker, Bunny

**Sorry, peeps, but I was just feeling the love for MF today. Be back soon with a "regular" post.**

9 comments:

Sonya said...

Glad you had a great time - - - he is fabulous. Hope you're feeling better this week.

dishinanddishes said...

Totally feel ya on Michael..he's special :)

Jen on the Edge said...

I've never even heard of this guy, so I guess it's off to Wikipedia for me...

robertga99 said...

Confession: I have never heard even one song by him.

bunny said...

Sonya and D&D, Michael F. IS fabulous and special!

JOTE and Bobs, ! Your homework is to go download "Exactly Like You" from The Sinatra Project album. Sadly, though, you are not alone. No one sitting around us had ever heard of him either...sad because he is a treasure!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Is the "other Michael" the Buble one?
I was going to see him in concert until I found out the nosebleed seats in the arena are $160, the lower arena is $300, rear floor are $660 and the front floor are $1060.

Hahahahahahaha!

bunny said...

"Yep" and "Exactly", LMSS. The other Michael has gotten too big for his britches. The great thing about MY Michael is his tickets are reasonable because no one really knows him. And he is really a better singer, to my ear anyway. If we need to arrange for a MF Interstate Sampler, let me know! ;)

KP said...

I'm with Bob.

bunny said...

Bobs is NOT a good gay then, and you, KP, are not a good hag. ;)