That said, it was a chaotic and crazy weekend starting with the U.S.-wide snow storm of Friday. I read somewhere that it supposedly snowed in all 50 states....though I do think Hawaii is in contention. Let's just say all 50. Sounds cooler that way. But the whole experience was sorta crazy and I was NOT prepared. I thought the weather peeps were just hyping the whole thing. Um, they weren't.
It snowed hard and fast, but me and the hubs made it home from work without incident (though it did take us both about triple our commute time!). Even better, the electric never went out, not even a flicker.
The snow DID, however, foil mine and Bobs plans to go to the Farmer's Market in the ATL yesterday morning to purchase food stuffs for our Valentine's dinner last night. And for my grocery shopping in general. At first, we weren't sure we were going to be able to proceed with the dinner, but once it became apparent the roads were very safe for travel, we decided to go ahead, but with a change of menu. Originally, we were going to do an Italian feast (that's amore!), but Bobs decided to go down-home comfort.
- The stupid song TikTok by Kei$sha is pure trashtastic, but I loves it and cannot get it out of my head. Yes, I downloaded it. Yes, I am listening to it right now. Yes, it is on repeat. At least 12 times so far. In a row. I blame the steroids
- Steroids + PMS = Bad. Very bad. Puffy, teary, mean, bitchy mess. Esp. not good when it's your second week on the new job. And sick.
- Under the category of T.M.I., it IS possible to cough so hard that you wet yourself. Depends, anyone?
- Poor Pepsi is gimpified and, after four days on meds, not much better. We will probably be going back to the animal doc again this week. Sigh.
- We just rented the documentary No Impact Man. It's about this guy in NYC and his family who tried to live a year without any, or little, impact on the environment. Very interesting. Check it out. I just bought his book to read, as well.
- Trivia the other night was....interesting. It wound up being a group of elementary school teachers who were, let's say, a little "pent up." Oy. It takes a lot to embarrass me, and let's just say I made that trip. But I would def do it again with a group of my peeps, fo' shizzle.