Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hump Day Holla

Yo, peeps, I just wanted to catch you up on the goings on over here at Casa Bunny. It's not all that thrilling, actually, but I feel the need to bring everyone up to date. I know. I am OCD that way.

First of all, last week, as noted, pretty much was an overwhelming whirl as I attempted my best to adjust to being a working girl again. My cooking skills--which I have worked so hard on over the past three years--have hit the brick wall called employment. It's a little harder to have a great meal during the week when you work.  I mean, you folks know. I have like 30-45 minutes from the time I walk through the door to walk the girls, change clothes, check emails/mail and get dinner on the table before Mr. Martha arrives home.

So, needless to say, the menus of the past week have been simplistic at best. Walmart pizza. Frozen tortellini with jar Alfredo. Taco Bell tacos. Leftover, thawed Bolognase sauce. I did make a new dish Sunday night, but I forgot to take photos. Sigh. I will get my groove back soon, I hope. Worst case, I will just have to save the elaborate dishes for the weekends.

Then, after not recovering from my new work sickness, I went to the doc yesterday and find out I have asthmatic bronchitis. Whee. He also thinks I may, in general have asthma. Whee. But, bless his heart, my boss hooked me up with his great doc who did me right.

On a good note, today was sorta the first day that I felt slightly like I knew what I was doing at work. I am sorry for being a blogging slacker, but it may take a little bit of a while for Bunny to Get Her Groove Back. I just need to get my feet a little more grounded--and get well--and remember to start using my camera again!

I hope you all have great plans for the Valentine's Weekend and spend it with the one(s) you love most. I'll be back soon. XO, B.

7 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Hang in there. You'll find your groove soon, I'm sure of it.

Bo said...

I hate it when I don't have time to cook! I know how you feel. Work always puts a damper on my plans.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Yeah, that asthma bronchitis thing...double the pleasure, double the fun. I'm stockpiling inhalers in case I ever get that again.

I did ziti with the jar-o-alfredo sauce with some chunks of boneless chicken and broccoli the other night. It was Quick and Yum.

V-Day weekend? I'm working.
Have a good one!

Elisabeth said...

OK - and I am totally being a slacker for not calling you.... but, is nice to keep up via blog. We are officially house hunting with our agent on V-day. My best V-day present ever! We are going to Toccoa tonight for a book reading....I'm working from home today. That's my update!

dishinanddishes said...

I find myself cooking on the weekend and then posting during the week. The lighting is poor at night and I can barely find time to cook these days myself!

robertga99 said...

HOLLA! I'm spending the night b4 Vday with one that I love and she better put out! hehe

bunny said...

JOTE, Maybe I should change the name of my blog...How Bunny Got Her Groove Back.

Bo, work really sucks, doesn't it?? But so necessary to actually eat. :)

LMSS, inhalers rock. Alfredo does too.

E., Happy House Hunting! Good luck and keep me posted.

D&D, I may have to start "cooking ahead" on the weekend to have something decent to eat during the week! :)

Bobs, I have nothing to say.