Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

Things are still pretty boring here at Casa Bunny, so I just have bits and pieces to share today. Here we go:
  1. The reality of my new job is still sinking in. I am starting to freak out ever so slightly at what I need to do before I start to work and how difficult in many ways returning to work is going to be. 
  2. For example, I need to pull out all my "office attire" (that hasn't been worn for three years) and make sure it is presentable (as in clean and not missing buttons or such). Today, I also went and bought 12 pairs of trouser socks because I doubt I have any hosiery worth a damn in my drawer.
  3. Getting up early is going to suck. Hard. I haven't risen before 7:30 a.m. in a LONG time. Yes, I am glad I have a job. That doesn't mean I have to like getting up early though.
  4. I am going to be working for a man for the first time in my life. I am glad from the perspective that men, in general, are direct and don't create drama. I am hesitant because men can often be unorganized and all "let the ladies do it." But I do respect my boss and think he is a good man (I sorta already knew him) so that's a good start.
  5. I am in a tailspin to get everything done and organized before I start back to work. I know. I have had a year to do all this shizz. But now it is a priority. What can I say? I work well under pressure.
  6. I am worried about leaving my girls at home all day. I have been working/not working from home for almost three years. Even though all they do is sleep all day, I am here to take them out and keep an eye on Savannah for diabetes-related issues. Yes, I know. There has been like two problems in 3 years. But, no, that doesn't make me feel better. I could take them to work, and probably will some days, but it is unrealistic to think I will do so every day.
  7. Thus, I think my initial excitement is now being tinged somewhat by "buyer's remorse." I suppose that is natural. Especially for me, since my last career move turned out to be sorta bad in many ways. 
  8. I am excited about this weekend though--the hubs and I are planning on going to a Symphony concert and dinner, a friend is taking me out for a celebratory dinner and I may be going out with Bobs. YEAH.
  9. I feel like my getting a job has been like my birthday. All the congrats. All the offers to celebrate. It's nice. Thanks, everyone!
  10. I am really glad I took that vacation last October because it will probably be late Spring before we are able to go anywhere. Oh, the joy of probationary periods.
  11. Someone asked if I was going to purchase a "go back to work" gift for myself. UM, HELLZ YES. I am still thinking, but I am leaning toward that All Clad skillet I have been coveting.
  12. I am worried my cooking is going to suffer going back to work. And my garden. Again, I know I should be worried about losing my house and having health insurance, but change is difficult, okay???
  13. And I should tell you now that I am not sure how things here at BGR will be. Def not daily anymore for a while. But I will be around. Because I loves you. You complete me, peeps. XO, B.

7 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Even though you're stressed now, it's all going to fall into place and, before you know it, you'll have your groove going.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I'll be here...unless my job becomes full-time...which may or may not happen in the next few weeks.

What do you think about Doggy Day Care a couple of times a week? Are you close enough to go check on them at lunchtime?

Elisabeth said...

You are going to love working for a man. Other than the very end of my last male-boss relationship, it was wonderful. When they have a fight with their wife, they don't bring the emotional baggage to work to dump on their employees. And, I want a celebratory dinner with you!

KP said...

You will be fine. You made the right choice. Remember - you are always right where you are supposed to be!

I agree with LMSS - doggy day care. My friend Leigh uses doggy day care for her Westie and she LOVES it! And I agree with your friend Elisabeth - I feel working for a man is easier. There is a lot of female on female hate out there, esp. in the workplace. It is such a shame.

bunny said...

Yes, to quote Madonna, I just got to get into the groove! (after I find one)...We don't really have many good DDC options where I live sadly...And it is a shame about that female hate thing...why do we do that to ourselves????

upset waitress said...

Congrats on the job! I think. Working sucks anyway. Your kids will be fine. Unless it's like mine and destroys everything in it's reach because it's a co-dependent little bitch and being spiteful because its human isn't there to say "no" and then you just want to kill the little... Anyway, did you at least get those adorable seeds?

Bo said...

I would buy the All Clad skillet...that would be a nice treat.