- The reality of my new job is still sinking in. I am starting to freak out ever so slightly at what I need to do before I start to work and how difficult in many ways returning to work is going to be.
- For example, I need to pull out all my "office attire" (that hasn't been worn for three years) and make sure it is presentable (as in clean and not missing buttons or such). Today, I also went and bought 12 pairs of trouser socks because I doubt I have any hosiery worth a damn in my drawer.
- Getting up early is going to suck. Hard. I haven't risen before 7:30 a.m. in a LONG time. Yes, I am glad I have a job. That doesn't mean I have to like getting up early though.
- I am going to be working for a man for the first time in my life. I am glad from the perspective that men, in general, are direct and don't create drama. I am hesitant because men can often be unorganized and all "let the ladies do it." But I do respect my boss and think he is a good man (I sorta already knew him) so that's a good start.
- I am in a tailspin to get everything done and organized before I start back to work. I know. I have had a year to do all this shizz. But now it is a priority. What can I say? I work well under pressure.
- I am worried about leaving my girls at home all day. I have been working/not working from home for almost three years. Even though all they do is sleep all day, I am here to take them out and keep an eye on Savannah for diabetes-related issues. Yes, I know. There has been like two problems in 3 years. But, no, that doesn't make me feel better. I could take them to work, and probably will some days, but it is unrealistic to think I will do so every day.
- Thus, I think my initial excitement is now being tinged somewhat by "buyer's remorse." I suppose that is natural. Especially for me, since my last career move turned out to be sorta bad in many ways.
- I am excited about this weekend though--the hubs and I are planning on going to a Symphony concert and dinner, a friend is taking me out for a celebratory dinner and I may be going out with Bobs. YEAH.
- I feel like my getting a job has been like my birthday. All the congrats. All the offers to celebrate. It's nice. Thanks, everyone!
- I am really glad I took that vacation last October because it will probably be late Spring before we are able to go anywhere. Oh, the joy of probationary periods.
- Someone asked if I was going to purchase a "go back to work" gift for myself. UM, HELLZ YES. I am still thinking, but I am leaning toward that All Clad skillet I have been coveting.
- I am worried my cooking is going to suffer going back to work. And my garden. Again, I know I should be worried about losing my house and having health insurance, but change is difficult, okay???
- And I should tell you now that I am not sure how things here at BGR will be. Def not daily anymore for a while. But I will be around. Because I loves you. You complete me, peeps. XO, B.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Things are still pretty boring here at Casa Bunny, so I just have bits and pieces to share today. Here we go:
Posted by bunny at 12:35 PM