Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hump Day Holla: Something's Gotta Give

Peeps, have you ever heard the expression "like a cat covering up shit"? Yeah. Well, that's the way I feel up over here in Casa Bunny this week. Too many deadlines, not enough computer time, five hours of sleep last night. It's just changes and lots of work (for which I am tremendously grateful for, don't get me wrong) and personal shizz and, well, something's got to give and, that, my dear peeps, would be BGR. So here is my very short, speed post for today and then you may not hear from me for a few:


 This cab was a gift from a friend who is a big cab drinker. Me? Not so much. But this was REALLY GOOD. Quite tasty. Heck, I would buy it again. Two Bunny Ears up!

 
 This wine I picked up at a local bottle store and it was ok, but def did not match its price tag (which was about double what I normally spend for a bottle!). The flavor was all up front. No lingering notes. All talk, no substance. Have had much better wines for much less money.

 My oldest (in terms of tenure) BFF came Monday night for dinner and I did wine (see above) and a nice antipasto spread. I think I could eat cured meat, cheese and crusty bread every night of my life and be totally happy. Yeah. Thinking I need to move to Italy.

 I also made a new recipe--homemade Bolognase sauce from Williams-Sonoma. This shizz was AWESOME. Three kinds of meat, a cup of wine and five cloves of garlic? Say it with me...."What's not to love????"

 
 The snow is finally, almost all gone, but this funny photo I took late Monday. That would be the sunshine line in our yard.

In other news, I have had these lingering spots on my glasses and I finally gots to the eye doc today and they tell me that the film coating my lenses has broken down and I will have to have my lenses replaced. To the tune of $250++. YEAH! The good news never ends! Ok, I just remembered those poor people in Haiti and my glasses rant really makes me an ass, right? I am truly grateful for everything I do have in my life. Including you, my bloggy peeps. Be good, send good thoughts to Haiti. And some cash. Hope to be back soon! B.

5 comments:

robertga99 said...

That Bolognase sauce does look tasty! I'm gonna have to try that recipe.

Jen on the Edge said...

Your different Italian foods look divine. Mmmmmm...

Elisabeth said...

Ummmm.... Cabs....

Cooking Asshole said...

man those cured meats look good!

blackbird said...

Nice wine reviews AND great recipe link...your yard (aside from the bizarro snow line) looks dramatically like mine.