Sunday, December 06, 2009

Weekend Recap

Yo, peeps, I cannot believe it is already Sunday afternoon. Yikes. Actually, it's been a fairly calm day so far that included some reading and rest which is tres unusual at Casa Bunny these days. But I need to catch y'all up on the past several days, so let's rewind to Thursday.

Thursday evening, I went to have dinner with one of my besties, and we decided to have a beer sampling (trust me, my arse needed some booze after the week I had last week!). As part of the sampling, we tried two new to both of us beers. The first one was Rogue Juniper Pale Ale:


I have become a BIG fan of Rogue beers--haven't had a disappointing one yet--and this one was no exception. The juniper berry hits you right away and pretty much all the flavor is on the front end. Great sipping beer to eat with a salty food like say roasted almonds or peanuts.Would def drink this one again. Then, we moved onto this gem:


Oh, Hell to the yes. My love of Rogue beers is only bested by my love of Lagunitas. Again, haven't had a bad one yet. This Imperial Stout is awesome, and could, on the right day, replace Brown Shugga as the love leader of my affections. This one has a touch of sweetness amongst all the boldness--just the way I like my beers and my peeps. hehe

For dessert, my BFF served Publix's Santa's White Christmas ice cream. Y'all. This stuff? Is SO crackalicious.


I don't even remember what all is in this flavor (and I certainly don't remember after all that beer!) but cappuccino and chocolate come to mind. I am telling you, Publix rocks it with the ice cream flavors, esp. the seasonal treats. It's just ridiculous how tasty--and cheap--this shizz is.

Yesterday, I went with another BFF for lunch and a Christmas concert. See, a few years ago, I stopped exchanging gifts with my friends and instead suggested we do something together instead--you know, make a memory. So, first, we went to lunch at Parma:

 
Having never been there before, we didn't know what to expect, but, hand to Heaven, the food was divine. At the suggestion of our server (who was quite helpful and nice), we started with the eggplant chips:

Can you say "YUM"? Not being a huge fan of eggplant, I was skeptical, but this Parmesan panko crusted eggplant slices served with chipotle sun-dried tomato aioli were to. die. for. Crispy, crunchy and not soggy at all. I had mine with a little libation:


Yes, yes, I know. Again with the Rogue beers. But I have been wanting to try this seasonal red ale since my buddy Beer Drinker reviewed it here. I was especially excited to see it on the menu--It was quite tasty and I am glad I gave it a whirl. Then, for entrees, I had:


The Penne Bosco, a take on Chicken Marsala with sliced chicken, roasted mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, scallion, fresh basil, Marsala wine, cream, chicken stock, Parmesan and Romano. I usually don't order pasta out because I feel I can make better at home, but this was so different, I had to try it. And, hot damn, was it good. My BFF ordered: 

 The Pizza Riviera with marinated tomatoes, fresh basil, roasted eggplant, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, premium whole milk, mozzarella, oregano and capers. This pie was all salty goodness with the olives and capers. Come to think of it, it would be great with that Rogue Juniper Ale! I will def go to Parma again--reasonable prices, good portions, yummy food--what's not to love? Following lunch, we traisped into Midtown ATL where we enjoyed this:


Yo. Peeps. This was 'da bomb. I mean, the ASO rocks, and this show brought the house down. And what a pretty house it is:


I LURVES going to Symphony Hall--it is sumptuous and lovely and beautiful and refined and everything that it should be and more.


I got busted by the photo police for taking a photo of this CUTE little couple for them early on (really, usher dude, unclench, ok?? It's not the POTUS) so I had to sneak this one, hence the poor framing. But what a great show. The ASO does several holiday shows, all wonderful, and which I would highly recommend.

Last night, I was pooped beyond pooped so we turned in early-ish and today we have been birthdaying with the hub's fam. Now I am off to do some work, before making my sensationally yummy Goulash for dinner. Hope you all had a great weekend! XO, Bun.

3 comments:

Beer Drinker said...

Damn, bunny. You drink and eat good!

bunny said...

Oh, B.D., life is WAY too short to drink and eat bad. Word.

BFF2 said...

:D