Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Quickie From Bunny

OK, peeps, today is a quickie post because I have shayt-loads of stuff to do this afternoon. So, here we go:
  • I have been having a full-on gallbladder attack since Saturday. Pain, undying heartburn (now under control), queasiness--just the whole 9+ yards. First bad one in about 6 or 7 years brought on, no doubt, by holiday overindulgence and stress. I am trying, somewhat successfully, to control it. My self-medication has included a cocktail of antiacids, homeopathic remedies such as grated beet with flaxseed oil, limiting fat and no alcohol, and exercise. Why not go to the doctor, you say? Because 1) I have no health insurance to speak of and 2) regardless, my doctor moved away and her former partner is on vacation this week. Which leads me to 1) does anyone have any suggestions for relief? and 2) don't even bring up health care reform around me or I may possibly punch you in the face. Just so you can go use your insurance.
  • In other good news, Savannah has been incessantly gnawing on her rear haunches, to the extreme point of waking us up at 3 a.m. this morning with her gnawing. Vet suggests possibly worms or anal gland issues. I am ignoring that advice. I think it is just dry skin. Or another weird OCD behavior. Again, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
  • And, in my final note, here is the damn chicken, Cooking Asshole:

Wingless, because I had to sample, but oh-so-crackalicious good. It is cold here, hence the gelatinous look on top. Anyway, I am off like a herd of turtles...hope you are all having a great week! B.

6 comments:

Cooking Asshole said...

Thank you!

looks much better cooked than raw in a bag...

bunny said...

You are so welcome, FRIEND. ;) Just so you know, Mr. Martha had your back...when I was getting it out of the fridge last night, he goes "Are you going to take a photo for Asshole?" LOL

katie said...

Gall bladder - i had mine out - but if you can't, you're doing the right thing - i had severe infection - they sent me home with a no fat diet and I had no attacks over the 2 weeks in between.

The dog/cat? Well THAT doesn't sound good - but we do have a dog who is chewing his fur off during winter - dry skin? Try a dandruff or dry skin shampoo for animals with a conditioner?

Feel better my friend!

P.S. Got a TJ Maxx - check out the haul on my page I made today on Le Creuset!

upset waitress said...

I know that beef products dry out the skin. We had to put our dog on lamb and chicken because of the skin problems. We also put cod liver oil pills in his food. It helped immensely.

bunny said...

Thanks, Katie and UW. I have never hear that about the food. Interesting. We do give her salmon oil in her food and it usually helps. I think just because it has been particularly cold here, maybe she is extra dry. I am considering rubbing lotion or conditioner in her fur/skin....

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Sorry, I'm late. You know I have the plague.

Gallbladder? Back away from the ice cream freezer at Publix.