Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Hump Day Holla: Freezing My Humps Off

Yo, peeps. It is COLD. And rainy. And windy. And just all kinds of general nastiness up in here today. I am thinking a hot toddy later tonight while watching Glee will be on the agenda. And maybe another during Top Chef. Word.

Anyhoodle, I have all KINDS of neato ideas for blogs--An Ode of My Grandmother, Why Chuck Williams is the Devil, The Contents of My Purse/Daytimer (stolen from Little Miss Sunshine State)--but I have very little time today so this is gonna be a quicky, but hey, we all like a quicky now and then, right?? :)

My friend E. over at Babbette's Book Blog has issued a reading challenge which I am going to partake in and invite you to do, as well (provided you have an unnatural obsesssion with books like the Bunny does). The idea is to pull 12 titles from your TBR (that's To Be Read for you illiterate folks) stack to read in 2010. You can see the rest of the rules, and my list, over at her blog, but here it is:


Top 12 List
The Garden of Last Days: Andre Dubus III
The Lady & The Unicorn: Tracy Chevalier
The City of Falling Angels: John Berendt
The Kite Runner: Khaled Hasseini
Twelve Times Blessed: Jacqueline Mitchard
Dream When You Are Feeling Blue: Elizabeth Berg
Gods in Alabama: Joshilyn Jackson
Blessings: Anna Quindlen
Three Cups of Tea: Greg Mortenson
The Lost Mother: Mary McGarry Morris
The Poisonwood Bible: Barbara Kingsolver
Songs Without Words: Ann Packer

Alternate List
Island of Lost Girls: Jennifer McMahon
The Uses of Enchantment: Heidi Julavits
Between Georgia: Joshilyn Jackson
A Place Called Wiregrass: Michael Morris
Mendocino & Other Stories: Ann Packer
Reading Lolita in Tehran: Azar Nafisi
Eventide: Kent Haruf
Between the Tides: Patti Callahan Henry
The Mercy of Thin Air: Ronlyn Dominique
Child of My Heart: Alice McDermott
Traveling Mercies: Anne Lamont
Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant: Anne Tyler

Now, don't be writing me and telling me how much you HATED one of these books, 'kay? Honestly, it would be embarrassing to tell you how long some of these have been lingering on my TBR list. Even more sad is that these are just a drop in my TBR bucket of shame. But, by God, I am up for the challenge. And I am telling you so you can keep me honest. Ha. Really, help me.

Other than that, not much going on at Casa Bunny. Quiet celebration of the hub's b-day yesterday evening, looking forward to dinner with a friend tomorrow. Life is a little quiet, but I think I like that right now. Later loves! Bun.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Nevermind on the books that I was offering you....I see them in your stack! I want to borrow Island of the Lost Girls ... that is if you read it & like it...

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I'm on a bit of a reading hiatus right now. I have a 7-foot long scarf to finish knitting before Christmas.

As for the weather, I'm pissed that I can't wear flip-flops and have to put on actual shoes.

bunny said...

E., you are welcome to any of my books, anytime, as long as you abide by "the rules." :)

LMSS, wow. Knitting. Maybe in 2010. And it's supposed to SNOW here tomorrow.