Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 12 (Foodie) Days of Christmas Wish List

Ok, peeps, I have to give credit where credit is due, so I say, upfront, that I am TOTALLY ripping off this blog from the cool chick ova' at Dishin & Dishes. Thanks, Katie! What a cool idea--so cool that I had to copy it! Sadly, it's gonna be more of a Hard Candy Christmas here at Casa Bunny this year, but, just in case Santa feels generous, or anyone of you want to send a little gifty :) , here's Bunny's list:


My current #1 Jones with a capital J is an All Clad Stainless Steel skillet. I am still trying to figure out which one I need (regular or French? 10 inch or 12 inch?) but all I know is I def need one. I have requested a gift certificate to W-S from my hub's fam and, if I receive, I will be going to the W-S outlet the day after Christmas to purchase one of these. Word.

 I also would love to own one of these lovely, lovely Emile Henry ruffled pie plates. So pretty, not just for pie, but to bake and serve dips and such in. I like this red the best. Pretty and festive.

 
I also desperately need some new measuring cups. Mine are chipped and beat up and in crap shape. These are silicone, flexible and look like they would be much easier to store than my heavy glass ones. Or they could be flimsy and cause me to spill things and cuss. Might be a crap shoot.

 
 I'm not even the baker in my family but Little Jake says the only way to REALLY measure is to use food scales. So, I suppose if I am a truly serious foodie, I needs me some food scales.

 
 I really have absolutely no place to store a food processor (Bunny's kitchen = tiny. Like 10x10 feet.) but there are several recipes I have passed by because I did not have one of these. Like fresh pesto. So, I am thinking I might like one after all. But a mid-size one, like this 9-cup version.

 
 I would give my left kidney for this 90th Anniversary metallic red Kitchen Aid at Williams-Sonoma. Isn't it BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL??? It would look SO nice in my kitchen. I would MAKE room for it. Like even move out the coffee maker.

 
If I have to choose one actual food item, I choose this set of finishing salts from W-S, because it's all about the seasoning, baby! You even get the cute little wooden spoon! LOVES!

 
 I desperately need a honing steel to get my good knives in shape. I use my good knife just about every. single. day. I am telling you, if you want to make the best investment of your life, buy a good knife. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Wusthof Classic Santoku. I would marry it if it were legal.

 I have heard this latest tome from Thomas Keller is da' bomb. It is huge--you could hurt yourself lifting it--but full of simple family-style recipes. Plus, there is a whole chapter devoted to homemade tapenades, chutneys, mustards and jams. Yeah, baby.

 
 I really would like some wine storage. One day, when we are able to afford to FINALLY renovate the kitchen at Casa Bunny, there WILL be a built in bar WITH wine storage. And maybe a seperate small fridge for my beer....ahhh. But, for now, it would be nice to have a stand-alone rack to hold my stash. Though I am not sure where I would put it. BTW, these racks? Are from World Market.

 
 Also from World Market are these fabulous beer glasses featuring Rogue Brewery! My favorite! These would make a GREAT hostess gift for any friend having a holiday cocktail party. HINT, HINT.

 
And, lastly, my IKEA apron is looking, well, a little shoddy, but look at this CUTE plaid version, again from World Market! Who knew they had such awesome stuff? Another great hostess gift idea. HINT, HINT. And, trust me, I need the FULL COVERAGE apron because I gets all skippy sometimes when I cook.

So there is my list, and I am sure I could list a dozen more things, at least. Lord knows, we need new flatware--pieces of ours have mysteriously disappeared over the 13 years of marriage, like socks in the dryer. Anyhoodle, hope you all are having a good one! Love, Bun.

9 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm currently researching stand mixers. I don't necessarily want a Kitchen-Aid, but I do want a mixer with a big bowl. Like 5 or 6 quarts. Most are only 3.5 to 4, which is just not big enough for my purposes. The only stand mixer I've found is the professional Kitchen-Aid and it's even more expensive than the rest. *sigh*

In the meantime, I've gotten my daughters into my baking projects. If one of them will hold the mixer for me, then I can add the ingredients slowly and get the batter to a good consistency. So, my girls think they're getting to bake with me, when really I'm using them as my little human stand mixers. :-)

bunny said...

hehe--now THAT I would like to see. That should be an upcoming blog post--Human Stand Mixers. I suppose their payment is the treat on the other side. :) I am not "married" to the idea of a Kitchen Aid, but I do think that red one sure is pur-ty.

Elisabeth said...

I am soooo jonesin' for the kitchen aid and the Cuisineart food processor... just in case you want to drop some hints on Sunday...

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Kitchen-Aid. Red. Teardrops in my coffee.*sigh*

Any day now, I'm playing the "Arthritis in my hands" card and getting one of those.

dishinanddishes said...

Love your Wish List! I need some of those finishing salts! If you have to grovel, beg or steal (Ok, don't do that), get a KitchenAid. Don't know HOW I ever lived without mine for 20 years! Also, the one where the top lifts up is a bonus. I don't have it and it makes it tough if you need to stop and scrape, etc. And I really, really want the Cuisinhart too! Hubby broke our processer chopping chocolate and we got a sorry replacement!

bunny said...

LMSS, play it baby, play! D&D, thanks for the tilt tip, and I have learned the hard way it pays to buy better when buying kitchen electrics.

KP said...

get an OXO measuring cup at Target - it is angled and you can see the measuring really well. I love it.

http://www.oxo.com/oxo/about_howwe_cups.htm

Cooking Asshole said...

If you can't ruffle your own pie you have no business in the kitchen.

bunny said...

KP, I've wondered about those angled cups...thanks for the 411.

CA, oh, how I have missed you... and dude, it's not about the ruffle, it's about the pretty.