Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

  1. It is FINALLY sunny today. Quite a beautiful day actually. Ida roared through the GA the past few days and that bitch made a nasty mess knocking all the remaining leaves off the trees. Too wet to rake them though. Oh well.
  2. Since I cannot find a FT job, I think I am going to start actively pursuing freelance work. See, I have been holding back on the freelance, taking what trickled my way, hoping I would find a FT position. I don't necessarily WANT to work for myself, but I think I have to make a commitment and go for it. That's the hard part. Jumping in with both feet.
  3. First, I have to get my website up and running. And make new business cards. And brand my business with a new name. I have one in mind. And I like it.
  4. The hubs is off today. I have him clipping coupons, folding clothes and grocery shopping. He's a good hubs.
  5. I am rewarding the hubs tonight by taking him out to dinner. We have another 50% off coupon for Buca di Beppo. I am all about the coupons these days. Yes, siree.
  6. I am beginning to think I went a little overboard recently buying all these dark beers. Yes, I have gone to the dark side. All stouts and porters and dark ales. And, boy howdy, are they potent. Whew wee.
  7. My hubs wants me to remind all of you that tomorrow marks exactly six weeks to Christmas Day. Yes, I will go slap him now for you.
  8. I have absolutely NO plans for this weekend and I think that makes me happy. Esp. since I feel like I may be coming down with a cold. Or sinus gunk. 
  9. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. I have to admit I am more than a little superstitious. I wonder what fresh Hell tomorrow will bring.
  10. I LOVE Glee, and last night's episode was great. So much character development. Def my fave show in a long time.
  11. I have really been off listening to music. Except holiday tunes. I think it is going to be all about the holiday tunes and holiday movies and such until, well, after the holidays.
  12. Have I ever told you all what a great moms I have? I, mean, she can totally be a MOM sometimes, but she is so supportive of me. Always has been. Fiercely so. That means a lot. A whole lot.
  13. The rain has me pining for comfort food, so last night I made tuna casserole:

 I punched it up a little with carrots, wheat noodles, about 4 or 5 random spices including tarragon, and panko and cheese on top.

 
It was delicious and filling and really hit that sweet spot that needed to be comforted. Amen.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Good luck warding off the cold/sinus gunk...this week has been miserable. You need to enjoy the plan-free weekend instead of nursing an illness. Hope you guys enjoyed dinner...YUM!

Elisabeth said...

We have a pretty light weekend, too. Love them! And, I think the darker / heavier beers go with the season...so go with. When flowers are blooming & we're seeing temps in the 80's, you can go back to your lighter stuff.

Oh, and do share you name & branding. Inquiring minds want to know.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Dear Bunny
Yesterday, I stood in front of the ice cream freezer at Publix. I stared longingly and lovingly at the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.

I wanted it. I told myself "Bunny says it's wonderful".
I sighed and walked away.

bunny said...

LMSS, STEP AWAY from the ice cream. I can be a tempter. I can be an addict. I canNOT be an enabler. :)