Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hump Day Holla

Yo, peeps. It's another rainy day here in the Ga. Oy. I am so over it, but it does make for good cooking weather, so take a gander at what I have been whipping up this week.

Well, you can't take a gander at it, but Sunday night, I made that awesome Publix chili. Y'all it is ri-dic-cu-lous how simple and tasty this chili is. Brown beef, throw in the beans and tomatoes, let it cook as long as you can. Loves.

Monday night, I went all healthy--Bunny and hubs and trying to bounce back from our sinful gorging of last week--so I whipped up a shrimps stir-fry:

This dish? Very easy. Saute shrimp with a bag of the Eat Smart stir-fry mix ($1 at the Publix this past week!) and a little stir-fry sauce I had languishing in the larder from W-S. Yummy.

See this? It is a gigantic jar of bruschetta topping I purchased at Sam's for .88! Yes. I don't know why. I think it must have been getting near expiring or discontinued. Anyhoodle, I had to do something with it--now--so last night I decided to make bruschetta pasta.

I cooked some ziti and added some EVOO, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil (I still have PLENTY) and a generous helping of the topping. Served with chicken breast coated in bread crumbs and Herbs 'd Provence. Very good, though I really should have had a veggie. But wait! Tomatoes count as veggies, right??

This is just a cute photo of KK who is napping indoors today to escape the wet weather. Sigh. I think I am turning into the old cat lady person.

Sorry to be so short--it's not that there isn't plenty to tell, but I have a stack of deadlines and I have to get to gettin'. See you peeps later! B.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Is KK a Maine Coon Cat?

Are you on facebook?

bunny said...

Not that I am aware....just a tabby who appeared at our house, preggers.

Yes, I am on FB. Email me at bunny6269@yahoo.com and I will send you the info.