Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hump Day Holla: The Mixed-Media Edition

Yo, peeps! Welcome to Hump Day! Bless, Jesus, because it has been one. long. ass. week. I recently realized that it has been a long, long time since I have mentioned any of my current media obsessions, indulgences or interests. So, I thought I would rectify that today.

Bunny is listening to......
Bunny has been getting her Lillith Fair jones on. Yes, that means lots of estrogen pouring out of my computer and car speakers. Always the lover of the interesting, talented and clever singer/songwriters, some of my current favorite songs are:
  • Indigo Girls: I Believe in Love; I recently discovered this song poking around on Rhapsody; the IG are perennially awesome favorites.
  • Mary Chapin Carpenter: Closer and Closer Apart, Here I Am; Both of these songs are on MCC's album The Calling; while I don't love her country tunes, her other work is simply sublime and both of these songs are achingly beautiful.
  • Ingrid Michaelson: Sort Of, Keep Breathing, Breakable; lovely, young songwriter with catchy, clever songs.
  • Jenny Owen Youngs: Fuck Was I; Best. Song. Ever. Wish it had been around when I was a teen.
I also am still in love with Best for Last by Adele and A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz. Oh, and Gold Digger by Kayne. But only when exercising. Or cruising by the mall in my truck. Yo.

Bunny is reading.....
A lot of chick lit. Hmmm....maybe there is a theme developing here. Actually, not. I am a big 'ol reader but I read for fun which usually means chick lit. I actually read three books on vaca:
  • Five Things I Can't Live Without by Holly Shumas. Meh. Good moments but underwhelming.
  • Little Pink Slips by Sally Koslow. Enjoyed this one--written by former editor of McCall's magazine and is a "fictional" tale of what happened during the whole Rosie debacle.
  • Conversations with the Fat Girl by Liza Palmer. Enjoyable, but a little slow. 
Bunny is watching.....
Have I mentioned lately how much Netflix ROCKS? Well, it does. We have been watching the last seasons of The Office and 30 Rock (awesome and awesome), Away We Go (slightly disappointing--expected it to be funnier), W. (oddly encouraging and yet frightening), and The Constant Gardener (slightly hard to follow--still not sure what happened).

For this weekend, we have Napoleon Dynamite and The Brothers Bloom. And I am stoked because Oscar movie season is upon us so hopefully there will be some decent theatrical releases in the coming months. And on the telly? It's all about Glee. And Top Chef. Don't even think about calling me on Wednesday nights. Word.

In other news, I suppose it's easy enough to see that I have reverted to my old colors. That dark background was just too hard to read on. Call me old. I don't give a shit. Oh, and I have now written a beer review for a beer blog, so when that's up, I will let you dudes know. I can't even explain, but it's a long, bastardized, complex story of Blogger incest and such.

Well, I'm off, peeps! I think the hubs and I are going to the local catina tonight. Oy. This week has not been conducive to culinary pursuits, fo' shizzle. Be back soon! B.

2 comments:

robertga99 said...

I'm on a Kayne free diet after that Taylor Swift incident. What a total ASS. And then he has the nerve to go on Jay Leno and fake cry over his mother. WHATEVER! He was this way b4 she died...don't blame it on her

bunny said...

Don't be a hater!