Friday, October 30, 2009

Bootstraps and All That

Ok, I am over myself and my mental meltdown of yesterday. See, peeps, about one--sometimes two--day(s) a month since I lost my job, I just get mentally F.U.B.A.R. Hell, before I lost my job, I gots all mentally F.U.B.A.R. at least one a month.

Anyhoodle, of recent, this state usually coicides with being told I did NOT get the last job I interviewed for and then just feeling like a hopeless loser. I tell you, losing my job certainly did not one damn thing for my already tender self-esteem and self-worth issues. And while I know I could use years and years of some therapy, I decided to self-medicate instead. Behold:

Skittles and Pinot Noir: An elixir for the soul. I topped this concoction off with a liberal dose of Real Housewives of Atlanta: The Reunion Show and repeated applications of Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus (Yes, I know. I am SO ashamed. Don't judge. But that song? Sorta rocks. Well, the beat anyway. It's like cracktastic. Esp. after your third glass of wine.). And, today? It's a miracle! Total recovery!

But, I will admit, I think a little roll up in the self-pity now and then is good for you. And I like to get ALL up in there--just wallow around it in good. Cry, wail, gnash teeth. Hell yes. Eventually, you will realize what a pathetic loser you are being and pull youself up by the proverbial bootstraps and get back at it better than ever. Am I not right?? I have been pretty productive today, PLUS I had a call for another interview. So there.

And I am SO looking forward to the weekend/week ahead: The hubs is off all weekend, we are going to dinner/trick or treating at a friend's house tomorrow, I am spending Monday with a friend, next Saturday with another friend, I have two dinner dates with two totally different friends next week, and I now have a job interview. Actually, I just remembered I have a second interview next week, too. Holy Hell. And my eye twitch is getting better I think and those assholes across the street were waylaid today because of rain. So life is good.

Be back 'atcha soon, peeps, with reports on all my nefarious doings and such. Love ya! B.

5 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Pairing wine with Halloween Candy
AND wallowing in 24-hour spurts of self-pity.

Spooky Internet Twin Thing. Again!

Elisabeth said...

I think the eye twitching means you aren't sleeping well...I get that sometimes, too & I think that's what I was told. See Advil PM for remedy. Glad you're feeling better!

blackbird said...

I prefer Sweettarts and Chardonnay. But you knew that!
I'm hugging you.

Karly said...

Congrats on the job interviews. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. And next time you feel the need for medication, use some dang Reese's! Skittles? Are totally inadequate. You need chocolate!

bunny said...

Thanks, BB and Karly...I would be up for the SweetTarts, but the wine's gotta be red. And Karly, believe it or not, I don't love chocolate...except dark chocolate. And those brownies you make! :)