Friday, September 25, 2009

My Dogters

As most of you peeps know, the hubs and I do not have human children. But, as I answer when asked if I have kids, we do have furry, four-legged children. Otherwise known as our "dogters," Savannah and Pepsi. And, no, we did NOT name them. We adopted both of our girls as adults and, as such, had to keep their names.

Savannah is def the alpha dog. I cannot even tell you how much personality this dog possesses. She will be 13 in a few months, but she acts like a puppy much of the time.

Several years ago, Savannah was diagnosed with diabetes. I cried for three days straight after we found out. But we all adapted, and she has done great, though we have had some scares.

She is definitely a daddy's girl, but since I have been home, she seems to have warmed to me some. At least she warms up to me enough to milk a tummy rub now and then. Look at that face. How can you not love that face??

Now, Pepsi, she had a hard life before she came to us. So though she really wants to be close, she pretends to be disinterested. Almost like she is warding off the potential hurt.

Oh, Pep, don't look away. We've got your number. Just please quit peeing on the bathroom rugs, ok?

See, that wasn't so hard now, was it? Who doesn't love a tummy rub? I could tell you all kinds of pet parent stories about our girls--from their Christmas stockings to their wardrobe of collars we change every two months--but I don't want you to think I am pathetic. Too late, huh? Well, I don't care. They bring us such joy....well, except for all the rug washing....and I cannot imagine our lives without them. Have a great weekend, peeps! Love, B.

2 comments:

tiff said...

Your dogters are so cute! Give them big kisses and belly rubs from Tiff. My two girls are hairy children too...much more fun than real kids!

bunny said...

Thanks--they are sweet girls!