Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Hump Day Holla: Just Can't Get Enough

Oh, peeps. Last night, Bobs and I went to see DEPECHE MODE. Yes. I KNOW. I was hella excited, too! I have lots to tell, but let's start at the beginning.

Bobs won the concert tickets months ago. See, Bobs has this thing where he wins all this shizz in radio contests. Concert tickets, spa packages, sport tickets, cars. No shizz. A car. It's just something he does. So, he asked me way back when to go. And, being a child of the 80s--and LOVING ME some Depeche Mode--I was all in. I think I might have even screamed a little when he called. Seriously.

Anyhoodle, we both thought the concert was later in September--I will tell you that it was a surprise to us both it was last night. We admitted to each other later that we weren't really in the mood at first, but it turned out to be a loverly night. First, dinner.

Bobs suggested The Vortex, a super cool grill & bar in downtown ATL. I had never been before, so the experience was yet another new one for the Bunny (in what is shaping up to be a week of "firsts").

Here's the inside. See? Super cool. Lots of shizz hanging everywhere. Tattooed and pierced wait staff. Good times waiting to happen. Fun.

And the beer menu? Just look at the beer menu! I was in BREW HEAVEN, I tell ya. I decided to keep the "new experiences" train rolling and choose some beers I had never tried before. Good choice. Yep.

First pick: Rogue Chocolate Stout. Recommended by our terribly cute waitress. From website: "Ebony in color with a rich creamy head. The mellow flavor of oats, chocolate malts and real chocolate are balanced perfectly with the right amount of hops for a bitter-sweet finish." I just say, "MMMM."

Next up: Lagunitas Censored Rich Copper Ale. These are the folks that make Brown Shugga. You know, the one I went all ape-shizz over. This brew--while no Brown Shugga--is quite tasty. This brewery is def one to keep in mind.

For dinner, a heartburn-inducing chili cheese burger. The Vortex is KNOWN for their burgers--award-winning even. With tater tots on the side. Who serves tater tot, man?? The Vortex, that's who. And I love me some tots.

So, then we were off to the concert. And it was a wonderful night for it. We've had unseasonably cool temps here in North Ga. and it was 70ish with a slight breeze last night. Almost chilly. The concert was outdoors, so that made it bearable. The crowd was big, the band sounded great and the set list was fairly acceptable. Except no Strangelove. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Dudes, come on. You're kidding me. NO Strangelove?? That sorta blows.

Anyway, I had to thank Bobs for taking me, so I gave him a little tongue. :) hehe In all, a great evening--cool new dining experience, yummy new beers, great weather, excellent music, loverly company. Now, I am off to see what kinda trouble I can get into today. Later loves, B.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

LOVE the Vortex... I guess y'all went to the one on Peachtree? There's also one in Virginia Highlands - we like that one, too. Big fan of the Tots!

(Just had to post this - my "word verification" below is terds. Hee hee.)

blackbird said...

You funny kids.


I
want
that
burger.

robertga99 said...

That waitress was cute and she knew about beer. I think you have a girl crush. I'm gonna have to try the Elvis burger next time.
Great Times!
&
Great tongue!
hehe,
Bobs

bunny said...

E., Yes, it was Peachtree. Do you mean the other one in Little Five Pts?

BB, That's us--a couple of funny 40-year-old kids!

Bobs, yes, that girl was cute...and redheaded...and knew beer--what's not to love?? ;)