Thursday, September 10, 2009

Are You There, God? It's Me, Bunny. You Rock.

Yesterday was a really good day, peeps. For many reasons, actually. But I will pull out two. First, Bobs and I decided to revisit Stone Mountain and hike to the top again. We did this back in May (on Earth Day...I can't find the post, so you will just have to take my word for it) and said we would return before the end of summer. Because we are stupid. So off we went.

See this?? This sheer 45-degree slope is the last part of the climb to the top. It will Kick. Your. Ass. It was slightly easier this time...probably because I knew what I was in for...but you definitely have a sense of accomplishment when you reach the top.

Here we are at the top. Keep your piehole shut about how red our faces are. And how frizzy my hair is. Oy. My hair. I had it cut the other day and after telling the girl "leave the length," she cut off INCHES. I wanted to cut her. So I sorta hate it right now. But I digress. One thing that strikes me when high up over the ATL is how green it is. There are more trees than you would think. And I like trees. Because, you know, I like to breathe and all that.

So, after the hike, we headed out on a search for the Holy Grail--a beer store I found out about via the Internets. I was worried I would be disappointed. I was not.

Welcome to HopCity. As I walked in the door, I saw a bright light. I heard the triumphant sound of angels. I had died and the Lord had called me home. To Hop Heaven.

They have racks.........

And racks..........

And racks of beer. More than 1400 types. FOURTEEN HUNDRED. Trust me, if it is brewed, it is here. It's overwhelming. Awe-inspiring. It will make you weep with joy. The pics are so blurry because I was shaking with excitement. And the folks here? They know their beer stuff and have tons of recommendations. The beers are shelved by type--stouts, ales, IPAs, etc.--instead of brand which is great 'cause you can find what you love easily. And they will break a 6-pack for you if you want to try a single before going all in. How cool is that?? I did, however, try to contain myself.

I bought seven kinds of beer--three I have had before (my lovely, lovely Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown, the Rogue Chocolate Stout and the Lagunitas Censored Copper Ale), four are new to me. They also will be getting Brown Shugga next month! Whee! Don't worry--I will be reporting back in DETAIL about the new ones. Word.

Well, I am off like a herd of turtles! I have much to accomplish today and I have yet another "first adventure" tonight. Will report back tomorrow. Love ya' peeps! B.

No comments: