Friday, August 07, 2009

Random Thoughts for Friday: A Quick & Dirty Dozen

  1. Yesterday afternoon sucked. Hard. Found out I was passed over for two more jobs. Crying and drinking and general feeling sorry for myself ensued.
  2. In good news, my hubs treated me to dinner out. A cheap dinner out, but dinner out, nevertheless. He's a good little hubs.
  3. I feel better today. I am trying to keep faith that there is something out there for me, somewhere. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.
  4. One reason I feel better is because I have dinner guests coming tonight. Impromptu guests, but fabulous, fun ones and needed distractions.
  5. I also am happy that Julie & Julia is finally out this weekend and am making plans to see it Sunday.
  6. I finally am going back to the Williams-Sonoma classes Sunday, after months of being away. So, I am happy about that, as well.
  7. I am thisclose to finishing The Time Traveler's Wife. Finally. It's has been a challenging read, in various ways.
  8. I have a shitload of work to get done this weekend. Yuck.
  9. I am still loving Broken by Lifehouse. LOVE. ING. IT.
  10. My little moms is treating me to a pedicure this afternoon. I loves her.
  11. I have given up on my garden. My tomatoes are INFESTED with white flies. Sigh. What a shitty gardening year this one has been.
  12. This photo cracks me the hell up. She sorta looks dead, in a rigor mortis way. Or like she is hugging an invisible lover.
Be back over the weekend with lots to tell. I hope. Love, B.

3 comments:

blackbird said...

Chin up!
It's Friday!

Elisabeth said...

1. ugh. sorry.
2. good hubs.
3. faith. check.
4. fun! watcha cooking?
5. good reviews from the folks here who went tuesday night!
6. Yea! Did we figure out for sure noon instead of 11?
7. yea! looking forward to talking about the end with you.
8. work. yuk. I on the other hand don't have a single plan for tomorrow, yet. I don't think this has been the case since before August 7, 2005.
9. gotta skip this one - haven't heard it.
10. fun. my nail need attention - toes are ok.
11. our watermelon died. gotta figure out how to keep the new tiny ones alive. tommy toe tomatoes are all of a sudden sprouting like a mother.
12. I think it's her ghost-lover... great pic!

bunny said...

Thanks, BB. Yes, the weekends are always better.

E., it's 1 pm on Sunday, btw. Should be able to discuss TTW then.