Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hump Day Holla

Yo, peeps, it's the Hump Day Holla. Which means we are on a slow slide into the weekend. Thank the LORD. This week? Well, you saw yesterday's post, right?? Oy.

Steering away from my imminent nervous breakdown, in other news, my kitchen looks like a produce stand exploded in it. I have been whipping up all kinds of yumminess made from fresh fruit and veggies--gazpacho, tomato salads, cucumber soup (more!), peach cobbler, blackberry crumbles--and, let me tell you, my stomach, while loving the eats, does not love all the fiber. Word. I, mean, look at these peaches:

They are insanely large--the size of baseballs. Fo' reals. And look at this scrumptious (though not necessarily light) tomato pie I made last night:

Oh, it was tas-tee! Thank you to the kind folks at Southern Living for sharing that gem which you can find here. I will admit that my creation was riddled with flaws and problems (like my current life) but it was still yummers.

Tonight, I am starting my new commitment to "serial socializing" (see article on HuffPo here which discussed how people are becoming less and less social and recommends reaching out and touching someone) by having dinner guests over for olive tapanade, chicken piccata and peaches in balsamic vinegar. It's going to be a humdinger, fo' shizzle. It's hard to be that decadent on your own, after all.

And this? SCARES. THE. SHIZZ. out of me. Savannah loves to lay under my desk, at my feet, with her little head right next to the power strip. She esp. love to do this when it is stormy outside, as it has been this afternoon. I just know she is going to get fried one day. But getting her to relocate is tortuous and can result in blood shed. Mine, that is.

I have been working on perfecting an at-home recipe for low-cal iced coffee. So far, this is what I have: 3 packs Sweet & Low, 2 tablespoons liquid creamer (I've been using chocolate for a mocha hint), 1 cup skim milk, 2 cups brewed cooled coffee and a shit load of ice. Pretty good, I must say, and it comes in around 180 calories, in case you are wondering.

I also am tres excited because Top Chef Las Vegas starts tonight! From what I have seen, it promises a lot of "gender neutral" chefs this go-round, but I hope there is at least one Fabio-type hottie who is appropriately swoon-worthy. Men + food = very good. Men + accent + food = excellent. Have a good one peeps! Love, B.

No comments: