Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hump Day Holla: The Semiquincentennial Edition

Yes, peeps. That is a big ol' word up there. What does it mean, you ask? Why, the 250th of something. Because today is the 250th post here at BGR. And I gots to get to celebrating, so let's get to it, shall we?

In a furry creature update, KK's new favorite spot to reside outside in the hellishy hot weather we have been having is behind the big planter on the front stoop. It is a lovely, shady corner and, I assume, the natural stone retains some coolness.

Of course, she would rather be inside, in the air conditioning. Can you blame her? Here she is looking expectantly at the front door. Look at how she is laying, with her lower body all twisty and that tail at a 90 degree angle. Crazy cute.

I love this photo. She is so pretty. Seriously. I know I wax on about her, but I have never had such an awesome cat. She has made me rethink the fabulousness of felines. And speaking of fabulous, I whipped up a fabulous fig dish last night.

Toasted whole-grain baguette, spread generously with fresh goat cheese.....

Layered with halved, slightly mashed figs (I used one half gold, one half black, just to kick it up a notch and all).....

Then, accented with prosciutto and drizzled with honey.

Mercy, it was indescribably yummy. Actually, several of these wound up being my dinner. I figured it was well-rounded--grain, dairy, fruit, protein. I enjoyed them with a few glasses of this.....

Now, this was a nice rose. I picked this bottle up at the Dekalb Farmer's Market, after my friend found it on the shelf. Here's the review:

Pink Knot 2005 McLaren Vale Rose Wine: This Australian rose (they don't use the accented French "rosé") pours out a clear, bright pink, literally the color of a rose. Fresh and floral aromas mingle juicy strawberries and the heady scents of summer garden flowers. Juicy and fresh on the palate, it offers light strawberry flavors, and its gentle sweetness is well balanced by crisp acidity.

It is slightly sweeter than a traditional French rose, but I like a little sweet in my rose. To me, they are supposed to be fruity and fresh, a nice summer wine.

Well, that's all for today, peeps. I think I am going to indulge in generating a little Vitamin D this afternoon. Hope you are all having a great week! Bun

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

fig bruschetta looks yummy!

tiff said...

Congrats on your 250th! That's awesome - I'm going to have to go back a ways to read the ones I've missed.

THE Sam said...

Shouldn't that be "sesquicapitular"?

bunny said...

Samuel, Don't correct the Bunny. Or be sassy. Or you will be dealt with harshly. :)

bunny said...

Thanks, tiff, for the congrats. I was sassier before I turned 40 so you should def backtrack. :)