Monday, August 03, 2009

Duck, Duck, Goose

Well, the geese decided to come up from the lake today and take a stroll around the neighborhood. You know, just for kicks and giggles.

You see, the hubs and I live in a "lake community" meaning that the rich people who live across the street from us, behind the gigantic trees and down a steep slope, live on the lake. In their vacation homes. While we live across the street, in the equivalent of the servant's quarters. And can see a sliver of water in winter only when all the leaves are off the trees. Anyhoodle, those crazy geese sometimes come up from the lake to take a look around.

And, boy howdy, are they LOUD little m-effers! All that honking. Oy. I did think this photo was funny--it's like they are fanning out, in formation.

The poor little dude over by the mailbox, well, he was gimpy goose. He was doing this weird hippity-hop walk. We figured he was injured, but too bad, too sad. Geese are mean little m-effers (so I hear). There was no way I was getting closer to them than my zoom would allow.

In other news, the hubs has been working on the front yard landscaping today. Here's a prelim picture of the gorgeousness:

He's doing some dry steam-beddy thingy with plantings to come. He has a vision, and I am sure it will be super lovely when done. And see the pot? That's our new pot. Yeah. It's big. I think I could bathe in it.

Last night, I decided to try eggplant one more time. Just cause I am not one to give up on something new until I give it a few chances.

So I grilled up some sliced e-p and layered it with marinara and then....

Topped it with a mixture of ricotta, parm and egg, and popped it in the oven to bake.

I served it with steamed zucchini and pesto chicken. It was tasty enough, but I also think, in general, it has very little flavor. And if you have to do that much to make something taste decent, is it really worth it?

In other news, I an off on an adventure of sorts tonight, so tune in tomorrow for more info! Have a great one! Bunch

No comments: