Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Musings

Oy. This week is off to a quiet start. Last week was pretty quiet, too. I suppose people are trying to cram in last minute vacations and other such things before school starts back. Casa Bunny is quiet, as well, but my mind is always a whirlwind of activity, so here's a random sampling:
  • The marathon gardening session Saturday put an end to my latest pair of gardening gloves. I usually buy cheapo cotton gloves at Tar-jay or Wally World, and, inevitably, they shrink when washed and then the fingertips wind up unraveling. I can go through 2 or 3 pair a year. However, in some seriously fortunate timing, a friend emailed me a post about Ethel Gloves on Friday. Saturday evening I picked me up a pair at the local Lowe's:
Though the website lists the gloves for $20, I purchased them at Lowe's for $12! Hellz yes! And after wearing them only one morning, I can tell you they are going to be worth every stinking penny. The gloves are made for the ladies, and tailored as such. The material is a 4-way stretch so they cling to your hand, the wrist has sturdy elastic, and the fingertips and palms are reinforced with a lightweight sueded fabric. I think I may be in loves. Sigh.
  • I decided yesterday it was time to pull myself up by my bootstraps and make some mojo happen, right or wrong. First on the agenda, get back on the fitness bandwagon. I am sure it would be no surprise after seeing how Bunny cooks to find out that I am an "ample" woman. And while I have never been--nor will never be--a petite little thing, at the same time, I feel better when I am active and eating well. My maladies are controlled, I sleep better, my stress is lower. So I dragged my dimpled arse out of bed this a.m. to exercise, and I started watching what I put in my piehole more closely. But don't fear, fellow foodies (oh! the alliteration!)--that is not to say I won't still be sampling beers and wines and cooking fabulous dishes, but I will be more moderate in my consumption. At least, that's the plan.
  • I have been reading like a fiend, and managed to cram two more books in before I started The Time Traveler's Wife last night. One book was Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler by my beloved Wade (Rouse). Yes, I am still deeply infatuated with Mr. Rouse, and, Lordy, that man knows how to pull ALL Bunny's strings--I was crying one minute and snorting with laughter the next. I cannot WAIT to get his latest book (which, apparently, is on the slowest media mail route EVER) and, when I am done, I will write a review of all three books for my friend E.'s book blog (if she will allow me). I know. I am tingling with anticipation, too!
  • I am currently completely infatuated with the song Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. Yes, I know I am late on jumping on this train, and, yes, I know the song is terribly overplayed right now (I rarely listen to the radio and yet every time I am near one, it is on!), however, there is something so painfully haunting about that song that just gets under my skin.
  • MOTHER-'EFFIN ANTS have taken over my kitchen! This invasion marks the 3rd or 4th one since we have lived in our house. They don't bother me too much--at least it's not roaches--but BY GOD, the sons-of-bitches clamored up on one of my white peaches this morning and were chowing down. OH, HELL NO! Now it's war! Don't fuck with the Bunny's produce. Esp. the peaches. Word.
So, that's all for today. I am off to try to work on some work. Have a good one! B.

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I am also ample. Can't walk right now because of knee and back issues , but I'm hoping to jump on that bandwagon in the fall.

It figures, my word verification is combo and it made me think of fast-food!

bunny said...

Ha! (snort, lol, snort) I, too, am having some joint issues because of my weight. I am mad at myself for letting it go on this long (to the point where it has effected my health) but I am trying to do something about it.