Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cukes and Cats

Ok, I know this is my THIRD post today, but I may not be back for a few so I want to leave you satiated. First, some garden education:

These, my peeps, are lemon cukes--they look like little lemons but are ACTUALLY cucumbers. Seriously. Or maybe it's better to say they look like lemons on the outside, but on the inside....

They look like cukes. And they taste like cukes. The funny thing is that I didn't even know I BOUGHT these, so I was a little freaked when they started fruiting. In fact, I threw a couple in the woods because I thought they were "stunted" regular cukes. But then, when ALL the fruit started looking that way, I realized what was up. In other news.....

KK is finally warming back up to me after the shaving. Of course, I had to indulge her in a lengthly head rub to get her to show me some love, but still no purring.

Yep. That look says she is still pissed, but she ain't stupid enough to pass up a guilt-induced head rub. Smart kitty.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

Very interesting about those funking cucumbers. Never seen them. Never even heard of them. I'll just call you Walter Reed (of Gardening in GA fame, if you've never caught his show on PBS). Do they taste like regular ones?

bunny said...

Well, I had seen them before in books/catalog but never raised them. They do taste just like regular cukes.

Elisabeth said...

so do you know where you got them? I know you said you're never raising veggies by seed anymore, but it may be worth saving a few of these...

Yeah, KK looks pissed.

bunny said...

I cannot remember where I got them! I do think they may have been from seed. Isn't that horrible??? Alzheimer's at 40. Sad.

Sonya said...

I need to learn not to post comments when I should be asleep. First of all, I meant funky NOT funking. Second, it's Walter Reeves not Walter Reed....isn't that the name of a hospital?

bunny said...

Never you mind--I knew what you meant.