Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bunny Country Safari

Holy Mother of Pearl! We have a big 'ol snake in our yard! The hubs spotted him on the perimeter of my vegetable garden this morning (the mo-fo better stay AWAY from my cukes!) and has been tracking him every since.

We think he is a (harmless) King snake but all we really know is he is black and very, very long. Like six or seven feet.

Personally, I am more scared of poisonous spiders than poisonous snakes (Though I did shot these photos with a zoom. Word.). However, I do wonder if it could eat K.K. But that cat is tough. She killed another baby bunny and left it as a "love offering" on our doorstep last night. Now I am afraid the mother bunny will retaliate and devour my fledgling garden. Of course, that could be how the baby bunny got caught to begin with. To which I say, "get 'em girl!" After all, bunny loyalty only goes so far.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Kings snakes are your friend. Nice pics!

tiff said...

Glad to hear that KK isn't pissed at you anymore!

The hubby and I just got back from a trip to Treasure Cay (Bahamas). There are loads of ugly lizards that hop around and do push ups there. I think reptiles need to stay away! Of course the husband sez they eat mosquitoes so I guess they're not all bad...just gross!