Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Dudes, it's been a sublime day at Casa Bunny. Yo. Yesterday, we spent the day doing more gardening in the morning (Tangent: Um, yeah, Bunny made a little error on the W-S cooking class. Yesterday was NOT frittatas and stratas but rather Cooking with Kids. Since I don't have any of those, didn't think I would go. So, yeah, oops. Good thing I checked!). After doing a few chore-y things, I rounded out the morning with some creative expression. Several metal objects d'art in the yard needed refreshing, so I gots out my spray paint and went to Andy Warhol town:


Behold resulting technicolor dragonfly! I also lent my mad skillz to a lantern and some of the windows hanging on the end of the house. You all know Bunny is a severely repressed artist, right??? I really am. I need to set that inner artist free. Yo.

The afternoon was spent cleaning house, reading and errands to Target and Home Depot. Oh, yeah, and obsessively reading about swine flu on the Huff Po. Like I need one more thing to heighten my anxiety. Sigh.

Today, it was work, look for work, etc.--you know the drill. On another note, this morning, while celebrating the moments of our lives (also known as drinking our coffee), the hubs noticed KK stalking some prey, so I took this shot out the deck door:


She's on the pine-strawed hillside, laying in wait. The hubs said she was trying to act like a rock. Ha! As far as I know, however, she was not successful since there were no "parts" lying about on the deck later today. (If you can'ts see her, that's her in the bottom-ish right of the pic)

What I'm Cooking:
Well, last night, I decided to make hamburgers, which I crafted with the W-S Hamburger Seasoning (mentioned in an earlier post) and served on the Publix fave multi-grain buns (also mentioned prior). I gots all crafty with the sides and decided to do roasted potatoes and tomatoes.

Here is a roasted potato tip: Dice them up, then par boil them for a few minutes before putting them in the oven. Yes, it messes up another pot but it gets them done on the inside and crispy on the outside, rather than crunchy on the inside and burnt on the outside.

For the tomatoes, I threw some grape tomatoes in a pan, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with S&P, then I threw on some blue cheese when they were all busted and oozy. Here's the up close:


Mmm! Tas-tee. The hubs made the comment they looked like they would be good spread on the burgers, so that is how we wound up eating them. Here is the dinner plated:


Very good, and had extra burgers for today. Tonight, I am pulling dinner out of my arse (fairy cuisine, as I call it, where I just make some shit up) so tune in later to see what develops.

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, Primitive by Annie Lennox. Sexy, elegant song. Look at these lyrics:

Sweetheart
Take me to bed
That's where all our prayers are said
Whispered silent in the night
That's how all our dreams take flight


Pure poetry. Word.

What I'm Reading:
Finally finished Bright Lights, Big Ass. Brilliant. Now, I have started Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. It's the first in a trilogy, so Oy! I am signing on for a threesome!

What's on My Mind:
Tomorrow is a big day--two meetings about possible jobs--one freelance, one full time. Please send positive thoughts my way! Love you all! B

4 comments:

tiff said...

Fingers are crossed for you today!

Elisabeth said...

Sorry I got caught up in "stuff" and never posted to you post a couple of posts ago about the rock, but it ROCKS! Love, love, love the finished exterior! Can't wait to see it in real life...

(Is that MY Tiff posting here?)

bunny said...

Thanks, tiff, and, yes, E-beth, that is "your" tiff. I have won her over to the "bunny side." (hehe)

Sonya said...

I know I'm days and days behind on your posts, but I'm a little sad that I'm not able "to celebrate the moments of our lives" since I'm not into the java. Too funny - - - I'd completely forgotten about that one!