Monday, March 02, 2009

You and I Both

Yo, yo, yo, peeps! Look at me--back on a blogging schedule. I promised I would try to do better and here I am, doing better. Woo-hoo. Kudos to the Bunny.

So, remember how I said it was so nasty here on Saturday? Well, yesterday, it was tres nastier, if that is possible. Cold, rain, and snow. Yes, snow. That would be March in like a lion I think peeps. So, I am sure you have all seen the photos, but here are mine:


This is the hubs head after he came in from walking the girls. It was like gigantic snow dandruff. And here is our backyard:


Actually, it was the perfect snow--pretty falling, then melting right away. Anyway, I suppose the excitement is over except our shady deck is a solid sheet of iciness.

So, yesterday, we hung around the house and hung pictures. We are still putting on the finishing touches to everything. I will post more pics soon, I promise. Last night, we watched Burn After Reading which was pretty good, overall. If you are a fan of the Coen bros. Dark, pretty dark, but funny.

Today has been quiet. We had to take Savannah to the vet because she took to peeing in the house over the weekend. We thought maybe her diabetes was acting up, or she had a UTI. But guess what? It's neither. She had the best blood curves she's had in a while. No UTI. Sigh. I think she just hates us.

What I'm Cooking:
Yesterday for lunch, I made open-faced turkey and gravy sandwiches with cranberry relish and salad. It was pretty yums, actually:


The turkey and gravy was this pre-packaged thingy from Sams, the relish from W-S. I love an open-faced sandwich. I don't know why. I guess cause there is something strange and yet fancy about eating a sandwich with a knife and fork.

Last night, I again made the goulash. It was good goulash weather, I tell ya. Because the hubs did not know what leeks and parsnips looked like, I thought I would educates those of youse who did not know what they looked like either. So here:


Yeah, leeks are pretty much just gigantic green onions. With lots of dirt on them. You have to rinse them fo'eva. Like fresh spinach.


And parsnips are like an odd baby from a marriage of a turnip and a carrot. And I am not sure what they are good for...let me check....ok, according to Wikipedia, "The parsnip is richer in vitamins and minerals than its close relative the carrot. It is particularly rich in potassium with 600 mg per 100 g. The parsnip is also a good source of dietary fiber." Well, there you go. Eat up.

So, tonight was pizza Friday on Monday. Yeah, I am crazy that way. It's just how I roll. We tried a new offering:



Here it is cooked:


Like I do, I jazzed it up with a little fresh ground pepper, $10 salt, drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of freshly grated Parm. Yeah. That pretty much makes just about anything better.

What I'm Listening To:
For some reason, this weekend I got a hankering for Jason Mraz, so I dug out his debut album--Waiting for My Rocket to Come--which I lurves, lurves, lurves. I, mean, it is an album I can listen to all the way through and pretty much every song is great. At least very, very good. He has had two albums since then, but this remains my fave. So many great songs, but I think my fave is You and I Both:

Cause you and I both loved
What you and I spoke of
And others just read of
Others only read of the love, the love that I love


Also loves On Love, In Sadness. And Sleep All Day. And Remedy. Great songwriter, great lyricist, great singer. Loves.

What I'm Reading:
I actually am planning on going to bed early so I can get in some quality reading time tonight. Woo-hoo.

What's on My Mind:
Ok, peeps, I just realized I totally gave up the meme thing when I was purusing back through posts today. Rather than beat myself up, I will just say that this area may be a meme, may be a "where is the bunny," may be my latest rant. Who knows? It will just be the Bunny Surprise. Today, I decided I would do a meme: Give Me Five.

Give Me Five Movies You Have Rented Recently
Well, since we have Netflix, this will be easy:
1) Burn After Reading: See above. Dark comedy. Entertaining enough, some snickery laughs.
2) On A Clear Day: British dramedy about a 50-something who decides to swim the English channel after he is "made redudant" (laid off). Really liked this movie. Funny, touching, great acting.
3) Ghost Town: Ok movie, but I do love Ricky Gervais.
4) The Duchess: Made me remember why I don't esp. like Keira Knightly. Nice costumes though.
5) Little Children: Intriguing look at selfish suburbanites.

So, that's it. Gots to get done so I can go READ. Be back for the Hump Day Holla.
Bunny

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Burn after Reading is probably the worst movie I've ever loved! Scott & laughed & laughed all through it. Great for its ridiculousness...